“Best restaurant in town. Great food, service and price.”
Review of El Encuentro

El Encuentro
Ranked #12 of 741 Restaurants in Tarragona
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

I visited because I read all the reviews in Trip Advisor and was still surprised of how good and cheap the restaurant is. Even more, service is great, as they are super attentive to clients. Obviously I came back and became a regular. Tried more expensive restaurants but food wasn’t as good as El Encuentro. Def recommend .

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Do not be fooled by its dingy appearance- there is a reason why this restaurant that looks like a dive bar/restaurant is always full. If you want to make sure you get a seat I highly recommend you book in advance.
This is locally known as one of the best- if not THE best- spot to eat food from Asturias, Spain. The food is entirely homemade, with very generous portions (trust me, if you feel like cachopo you better bring some friends in tow) and great price value. While the place doesn't have the best furniture and sometimes ambiance (especially if you are looking for someplace quiet) the fact that the food is worth it is indisputable. Service is not particularly forthcoming with cordiality or friendliness, but is not unfriendly either. It just is, if you get me.
If you are looking for a hearty meal with the best of spanish flavours for a great price, this place will hit the spot for you.

Date of visit: February 2017
3  Thank Maria P
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

By 2pm this restaurant was full with what mainly seemed to be locals. There was a good atmosphere.
We had the menu of the day (8.90€ pp) and all the food was delicious. I highly recommend the crepe with prawns as a starter, mmm so good!
The service was friendly and fast.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Sandyscontributions
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

We had hungry kids and needed something quick and close. Normally we would have passed this place over, but it popped up on the TP map. The waitress was lovely and brought colouring books for our kids (nice touch). The kids meals were nothing special, but did the trick. We shared a menu (meat & melon, calamari steak and dessert) and the pulpo. Plenty of good for 2. The pulpo was the star of the show.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 23, 2017

If you like meat, they do this cachopo dish which is the biggest dish you can have in town. I guess it´s around 500g of meat.
Also the tapas are really nice, and the Cider is also good.
Price: I consider it very good. The space is quite small, so it´s getting full instantly.

Date of visit: January 2017
Erikaelena T, Gerente at El Encuentro, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

We thank you for your visit and have been grateful,
We are waiting for you on your next visit to tarragona,