“Excellent seafood restaurant”
Review of Fragata

Fragata
Ranked #23 of 386 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Belgium
“Excellent seafood restaurant”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Dined at Fragata with a group – which is always a nice test for a restaurant as you often get bland food that was prepared hours before. Not at Fragata however! It is a fish restaurant, so I recommend to eat nothing else. Tapa style appetizers – all very tasty – as was the entrée (black sea bass) – perfectly cooked. Only the coconut icecream for desert (which was good though) was a little disappointing compared to the rest of the menu. Great wines as well. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Hum...best in Sitges”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 4-5 times in the past 2 years. Without exception, I have always been very happy. Every dish is well though through and is well balanced. Product freshness is always good and service is ok, but not great.

Fish and rice dishes are the ones I mostly enjoy and don't miss a really exceptional desert: their version of cheesecake.

I will continue to go....

• Visited March 2013
London
“Amazing food in Sitges”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I went three times to this restaurant in just one week! - once to test the food for a dinner I was arranging, once for the dinner itself and once with friends. On each occasion the food was beyond great. The raw tuna with avocado was delicious and beautifully displayed, the steak in red wine with fresh truffle amazing and the selection of desserts divine. Service was just perfect and the price was high but it was value for money as everything was so very good.

• Visited February 2013
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Impeccable in every way !”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am a very critical customer and especially when I am paying! I let my wife choose this restaurant as I had chosen badly the night before ( number one on trip advisor ) Fragata is a very upmarket new design place that sits at the end of the Sitges bay right under the church, it's decor screams quality and I wasn't disappointed . The staff were very professional and actually cared about their work. We didn't have a starter but had a few things to pick at while we waited for our mains. I had the ox tail with duck which came on a bed of mash and just fell to pieces in my mouth , my wife had the suckling pig which is claimed to have been cooked for 22 hours and took an extra to to ensure its perfect , which it was , it was served with caramelised onions and a tangerine sorbet. Both these dishes were fabulous the pork 23 euro and the bull tail only 16 ! I had a coconut sorbet for dessert and the wife had a tiramisu , it was very soft and came with a chocolate ring to separate the various ingredients including the amaretto jelly. My sorbet was light and had a passion fruit base which needed to be eaten separate to the coconut to ensure it didn't overpower it but still lovely. Wine , water and coffee to finish all came in at just €75 ! I would have paid twice that it was so good.
If your ever in Sitges and need a great restaurant for any occasion this place is a must .

• Visited February 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Good food and high standard”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have Been there for a business dinner last week. Excellent room, calm and nice. Modern food mixing traditional Catalan food with new taste, recommend the anchovies with sweet bread, the ham is excellent and fish very fresh ! Wine list is large and with local good references. Price is high but not excessive. Service is excellent. Good for business during winter and (probably) for family or couples during summer on the terrace.