“Delicious chicken, no geese”
Review of La Oca

La Oca
Ranked #51 of 390 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The chicken at La Oca is fabulous. Despite the name, there is no goose on the menu. Service is casual but pretty friendly. It's a boisterous family place, not the spot for a quiet evening.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Just jumped in for a meal and wanted something healthy, so I went for the Caesar salad and some sparkling water.

The Caesar salad was (basically) nothing but a bleak heap of iceberg lettuce with traces of chicken sprinkled on top. So I'm very unsatisfied.

So judging only from this, thumbs down. But service was quick and efficient.

They got the coffee right, which I'm enjoying right now, is pretty decent.

I'd probably not eat here again.

Zuleima C, Propietario at La Oca, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear customer, I feel your disgust with Cesar salad. In our menu the salad ingredients appear, and certainly not wearing a salad too. lettuce, chicken, toast, parmesan cheese and sauce cease. What if we would have liked is if to be served was not to his liking, he would gladly release and we would have changed the other of your choice, I feel that your score is bad. Hopefully next time you visit us more positive.
Sincerely, restaurant OCA

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Warm welcome and efficient service with a smile. Amongst the best rotisserie chicken we've had, bar none. Good pizzas and a great lamb shoulder dish in the mix. Returned within days. Very casual and pretty fast turn-around, so not for a special or drawn-out meal. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

It's an old favourite and I always go once when I'm in Sitges. It's basic so don't go expecting fancy food. We all had the half chicken with various sides. With some wine and coffees, it was around €25 each with a tip so very reasonable.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Basic food and personally I didn't enjoy. I ordered the 1/4 chicken, fries and asked for a side salad. There wasn't much chicken on the actual 1/4, fries were greasy (overly so, like they've been left in too long) and the salad was a big one on a main plate that cost nearly €6 alone and was very basis (iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion and olives). My friend on the other hand had the lasagna and he really enjoyed that.

1  Thank Jax C