“Great calçotada”
Review of La Masia

La Masia
Reserve with
La Masia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 391 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is an old traditional style spanish restaurant, definitely worth coming to if you want to get a sense of real catalan cooking.
It works for both winter and summer as it has ample indoor seating, as well as a bodega or wine cellar downstairs which is a separate space you can book for big spaces, ideal for winter. In the summer there is outdoor seating.
They do a calçot menu for winters where you get a big plate of calçots and then a big dish of grilled meat or fish.
It´s not michelin star cooking, it´s simple local food but a great family atmosphere, big portions and popular with locals.
Worth trying to change from the typical touristy places.

1  Thank BarcelonaBcn

Reviewed November 24, 2012

La Masia has always lived up to expectations; last July's visit was my third since 1994. The food (Catalan) was again marvelous, the sausage-tree appetizer and the patio delighted my grandchildren and the service was excellent. Be aware that trains pass by the rear of the patio, but in a short time you ignore them. Ask to see the "menu de la casa" before you order and then enjoy a wonderful meal and the complementary Moscatel de Sitges at the end. Don't pass on the pan con tomat appetizer either.

1  Thank stephen1957
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This place has been preparing the same good Catalan food for as long as I can remember.

(Some of the best Rabbit and Snail stew in the business! Now they know who I am. )

Good value for money plus a really nice outdoor patio under leafy trees in summer.

One of the best places in Sitges. I often take friends there and the only complaint is that the helpings can be too large!

Great service and guests never feel rushed.

1  Thank juantwothreefour
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a traditional looking restaurant on the edge of the town. A good value set menu is available apart from the weekend. Having visited on a Saturday evening we had no option but to eat from the a la carte menu which was, like most in the town, rather expensive. My wife chose the 14€ cannelloni to start. In an attempt to avoid the expensive starters, I opted for a very humble salad. The fish main courses that we chose seemed good value when compared to the starters. The Cod that I had was a very nice piece of fish. The wine was fairly priced.
In addition to the items that we ordered we were given olives and asked to help ourselves from the salami tree that was brought to the table. At the end of the meal we were given Catalan cookies and Malvasia. The final bill came to 76€ which I thought was expensive for the food and drink that we had. Perhaps if we had visited during the week and eaten from the set menu our opinion of the rerstaurant would have been very different.

1  Thank menstonsteve
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant as we entered Sitges from the direction of Vilafranca del Penedes. The parking lot was mostly full at 2:00 in the afternoon, so it passed the people test.
The meal began with a salami tree, a gnarled grapevine hung with at least six different varieties of Catalan salami, plus a generous bowl of olives. Since I was feeling lightheaded after our rapid descent to sea level, I opted to have only the garlic soup. It was served in a large crock which contained at least a liter of delicious broth. My spouse ordered the caracoles (snails) which were prepared in a savory and slightly spicy tomato and ground meat sauce. He could barely consume half of the huge portion. Then came a chicken dish in a tasty herb and garlic sauce. Again, the portion was enormous. By this time my appetite had perked up so I shared a small serving of the chicken, moist and tender, and I wished I had been feeling more robustly hungry to enjoy more of this wonderful dish. We declined dessert, but the waiter brought out a generous portion of Catalan cookies and a carafe of Malvasia, a sweet dessert wine. We paid for the soup, snails and chicken, wine for my husband, a liter of bottled water and the ubiquitous pa amb tomats. All the rest was complimentary. The other patrons seemed to be local, and they, too, ate with gusto. This was our last meal in Spain before we boarded our flight home, and I can't think of a nicer way to end our visit than this memorable dining experience.