“Pretty good local food”

Dining options: Late Night
Erding, Germany
“Pretty good local food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This small rustic bar looked like locals would eat here.The waitress was very friendly but didn´t speak much English or German so I had to practice my Spanish! I had the set menu :Salad Sitges with raw fish and olives, (a little too overwhelming), grilled tuna, flan (really good), water and coffee for €12.50. My friend ordered duck fom the menu which was also very good. I didn´t know about the pinchos and I really didn´t see many; it was quite late in the evening and maybe there was not much left. Will definitely try next time.

Visited April 2012

• Arabic first
Sitges, Spain
“Never again!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

The "pintxos", as Sergijorquera says, are left on the bar until they wilt and more...
Only chance to get them recently made is if you go at peak times and still nothing special.
If you order a course and for some reason you don't like it (too salty, overcooked, etc.) and obviously don't eat it they charge you for it anyway!
Grand rip off!

Moscow
“Good place”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good choice of pintxos, nice barman, cider ad txacoli, basque design, average cheesecakes, good coffee.

Visited March 2012
Somerset
“LOVE this place”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Izarra is a must do when in Sitges. It's a Basque Tavern that specialises in Pinchos. For the uninitiated these are usually slices of baguette topped with all manner of delicious things from goats cheese with balsamic dressing, to crab mayonnaise, to meatballs, to delicious sausage and everything in between. Each one has a cocktail stick in it, so when you enter the bar you just ask for a plate, and help yourself to your fill from the choice of pinchos laid out all across the bar (which will be added to throughout your time in the bar as fresh plates emerge from the kitchen). When you can eat no more you settle up by passing your plate with cocktail sticks to the staff so they can count them and work out how many you have eaten and charge you accordingly. Simple! The pinchos here are probably the most delicious I have had in Sitges (and I have tried lots!!)
On this visit we also ate from the main menu. I have to say that based on the pinchos and my friend's recommendation I was expecting great things, but unfortunately I wasn't as impressed as I expected. What I had was nice, and clearly used fresh produce, but it was very simple food which I didn't feel was the impression given by the menu. Everything sounded a lot fancier than it was. I would imagine that the set menu that they do is worth it as the price is so good, but otherwise I would recommend going there for pinchos rather than having a sit down meal from the menu.
There has been a great atmosphere in the bar every time we have been, the staff are really friendly and they offer a great choice of drinks at very reasonably prices. Don't miss out!

• Visited February 2012
“Excellent value!”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had a lot of terrible / mediocre food during our two week break on a budget but this place was a jem! We ate there twice and the €12.50 set menu was good both times. Good value and unpretentious.