“Lovely meal and great service”
Review of Komokieras

Komokieras
Ranked #3 of 388 Restaurants in Sitges
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2014

A large group of us came here for dinner, and for the most part we were very happy. It's a nice calm restaurant with an upmarket vibe.
Cava to start, and then a starter of peppers and potatoes, and a main of hake, with a dessert of dulce du leche crepe. It was one of the best meals I had in Sitges, and my friends largely agreed (the majority of them had scallops to start and steak for their main), although the specials were over seasoned and one was taken off the bill (over seasoning was something I found in a number of restaurants in the town!). The service was super, as was the free Limoncello or brandy at the end of the meal. And the waiters were very attentive.
Not cheap, but not out of sight either. I liked it!

1  Thank moogharrison

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I'm not exactly certain why, but have frequently heard this described as an "Argentinian" restaurant and locally thought of for their fine cuts of beef -- I first came more than 2 years ago specifically for the steaks - which were superb, and have revisited several times since, most recently this past week for dinner. The menu offering I wouldn't describe as a "Spanish" restaurant per se, but some influences - but not limited solely to steaks etc.

This visit my partner and I ordered from the Menu Del Dia (E16.50) - a touch bit pricer than offered at most other Sitges restaurants - but we both thought the value was superb for our food which was wonderful. My partner had a spinach tortellini with jamon sauce and myself a mixed salad which was lovely (not a given in Spanish restaurants, which tend to serve minimally prepped lettuce, a couple of slices of tomato, onions and a few olives and call it a mixed salad). We each ordered a cut of meat called "Vacio de Costillas" - a cut of beef from under the ribs, not sure English translation - but it was superb, and size-wise, neither of us could finish our entree! Desserts excellent, service always attentive and very professional. In the past we've ordered a la carte - in particular I'm a huge fan of the Ensalada con queso de Cabra here - best version I've had in Sitges -- and filets/steaks that were always great. Komokieras definiately ranks in my top 3/5 restaurants in Sitges - it's where we go for "beef", lol. Off the Menu del Dia can be a bit pricey I suppose, but still think a good value for the food.

We are not fans of the interior dining room - a bit austere, cold feeling to it in my opinion; we always try and sit on the smallish outside terrace which is fine - I'd be sure to ask for it if booking a reservation. As the restaurant is tucked into an interior side street, no view to speak of really, focus here is more on the food.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had the good fortune to go here 3 out of our 10 night stay in August, on all occasions the food and the service were very good, with the goats cheese salad being the best (to date) in Sitges, also tried the steaks which were stunningly tender, albeit quite large but no complaints there, wine was a good price and the wine by the glass really great value between 2 to 3 euros a go, service was great and very helpful, we spoke in Spanish but when our vocabulary let us down they were very happy to help out in English, you need to book in August as gets full most nights

1  Thank jacksprattplusone
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great service, but the food was not top notch.

Actually sent back the "pig" they recommended, it was dry. The starter they recommended was extremely overpriced and boring (Foie gras )

They also recommended a starter with scallops, that was served with a strong curry-risotto. It was not a good mix. We also ordered Beef Tartar to replace the pig but this was to spicy and not very good.

The best thing here was the cava bottle we got, and the attentive service.

1  Thank davidvox
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I don't give 5 stars very often, but this restaurant deserves it. Before going into details, note that the location shown on the TA webpage is wrong (when this was written) -- it is not that far out from the center (~2 blocks west of Calle San Francisco, and 4 blocks from the train station).

Besides good TA reviews, what convinced me to try it was sweetbreads on the menu -- something hard to find and practically impossible to get in the U.S. I had two warm starters: a sea scollop special and the sweetbreads. Both were delicious. The sauce on the scollops was perfect. The sweetbreads were grilled and a bit crusty on the outside but perfectly cooked. I have usually had them sauted with a sauce but these were different and very good. My splurge dessert was the warm chocolate pudding/cake with coconut ice cream.

A small glass of champagne at the beginning and a fruit liquor after was included with the meal. The dinner rolls were served hot -- seen only in one other restaurant in Sitges so far.

The serving of sweetbreads was about right but I thought 4 medium sized scollops instead 3 would have been better, especially considering the price. With a glass of wine and water, the total was a little over 40 euros for one. In general, the a la carte menu prices are on the high side, but the quality makes up for it.

The service was professional, cordial and efficient. Several customers who arrived after me obviously had been there before and knew the staff.

The decor inside is stylishly simple with Japanese overtones. Air conditioning is excellent. The background music was pleasantly unobtrusive. There is a large outdoor terrace, as noted in other reviews. The only deficiency is the overly bright lighting in the main room shining on white tablecloths and white plates. Apparently, the lights can't be dimmed, although the waiter re-aimed the lights above my table, which helped. So many spot lights aren't needed and they should just take out some of the bulbs -- or upgrade to newer versions that can be dimmed. The lighting on the terrace did not appear to be so bright.

1  Thank IQ140