“Consistent High Quality Food & Service”
Review of Komokieras

Komokieras
Ranked #1 of 384 Restaurants in Sitges
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Consistent High Quality Food & Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A cousin discovered this restaurant when she and her partner were staying in our flat in Sitges and it became their favourite for the week. It is now our favourite lunch in Sitges when we are looking for impeccable service including friendly smiles, linen tablecloths, correct wine service and fine dining (yet somehow still casual) presentation of local foods. Friends first commented it was a little more than they usually pay for a menu lunch - and it is - but the excellent menu wines and consistently well-presented DELICIOUS food, not to mention coffee included, actually make it incredible value for money. Galtes de porc (pork cheeks), any fish but especially merluza, passion fruit mousse - these are particularly yummy. But really, we were only disappointed once in all the times we have been for lunch and dinner (15?20?) - a large cut of grilled beef was divided between several guys at dinner and it was flavourful but tough. And there is smoking in the outside patio, which is quite enclosed, and we notice it, but have only once been seriously disrupted by a large group of smokers. We end up sitting out there when it is full in their simple, elegant interior and we have forgotten to reserve....oh! reserving is a good idea even at lunch. All the great things about Komokieras give it a five in spite of the smoking....normally that would pull it down to four in my books. I have to call it an excellent restaurant.

London
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food here is really excellent and well worth the visit. Ours were cooked to perfection. Tartare dishes are also a specialty. Service was very good and friendly. There is an inside and outside area, but the outside is walled and smoking is permitted.

Sitges, Spain
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Based on other reviewer comments and the experience of some friends, I took my partner and two friends to Komokieras yesterday for a birthday lunch. I have to begin by saying we were not disappointed. Service, was courteous, professional and friendly from beginning to end. Although there wasn't an extensive menu, what they did have was superb. I am for the moment assuming the size of the menu is due to the fact that they have frequent seasonal changes. I'll have to visit again to check this out. We had a selection of food which included marinated sardines, foie gras, various meats and fish, all fabulous. When it came to desert, those of us who ordered the chocolate coulant with coconut icecream were very pleased. It was the best coulant I have ever had and the icecream with only a hint of coconut, was delightful. We finished off with coffees and liquors and had had a bottle of cava, one of red wine and half of white(it was a celebration), all for €52 per person. I will definitely revisit this restaurant and recommend it happily to others.

• Visited April 2013
“Marvellous food with excellent service in Sitges”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Razor clams were divine, steaks absolutely delicious - service just wonderful. 10 Euro house wine - which I would normally not order - was great Spanish Tempranillo - so for 120 euro for 3 - this was incredible value for aperitif, starter and argentinian steak main courses - beware steaks are huge!
A real high quality treat in Sitges

Barcelona, Spain
“One of my Sitges favourites... and I live here!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everytime I go to KomoKieras, I'm greeted by their friendly and professional staff. I always try and sit on their covered terrace which is always warm, rain or shine. The food is always good and if you want beef, this is the place to come. The wine list is great and extensive, and don't forget about their menu del dia! The only let back is if its sunny out or during the weekend, if you don't book ahead, you probably won't get a table.

• Visited February 2013