“Bit of a let down....”

Ranked #11 of 391 Restaurants in Sitges
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having read the good reviews about this place we decided to give it a try, especially after our last trip to Sitges when we couldn't get a table as they were always fully booked.
I have to say that yes while they offer a great value menu for only €15, the quality of the food let them down, as did the service. When we arrived the place was approx half full, the staff didn't acknowledge out arrival and waited some time before being offered drinks. Whilst the menu reads well, the food just didn't deliver. I had the lamb shank which tasted like mass produced boil in the bag stuff which I wasn't expecting. Will try it again when I return in September as all restaurants have off days and I know they can't please all the people all off the time!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Excellent service, creative cuisine with local favors, nice service. Booking better. For me the best in Sitges.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'm slightly reluctant to add a review for this restaurant. The problem is that at the moment it is still possible to get a table - too many good reviews is bound to change this! The food is superb quality, there is a good selection on the menu and the prices are very reasonable indeed. Portion sizes are a little on the small side, but this is balanced with the prices allowing one to select an additional course.

This is a great restaurant, but please don't tell anybody!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is not your TA over-rated tapas or hamburger bar, but a gourmet restaurant with good service and good food. During 6 weeks in Sitges, I enjoyed it 5 times.

First visit, a huge bowl of mussels-- over 4 dozen (enough to share) -- excellently cooked --and halibut main course was perfect. Subsequent visits: the 'little tail' of monkfish (colita de rape) from the evening special menu is a bit smaller serving than what you might get (for more €) elsewhere but perfectly done in a tomato garlic sauce -- just right for me. I had it twice. I particularly like the tempura vegetables served with some dishes, a nice break from potatoes, which are served way too much at restaurants here. Crab croquettes and the salad with smoked salmon and asparagus -- delicious. The fixe prix menu is a bargain at about 16 € (with tax), including wine and dessert.

The only entree I did not care for was the suckling pig. I've had this in Netherlands and it was heaven. Perhaps Spanish tastes are different, but I found it here a bit "gamey" tasting. Others might find it just fine.

Decor is clean, contemporary and relaxing without being pretentious. Service was excellent and cordial. Good air conditioning. Very popular for lunch and dinner. Dinner opens at 8 pm and it was full by about 9:30 every evening I was there, so reservations are a good idea, especially Friday and Saturday.

2  Thank IQ140
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Really nice place and service. Good local wines. Lots of different choices of menu - more than just steak or paella

2  Thank Nauticat38