“Renewed my waning love of tapas so excellently!”
Review of La Picara Sitges

La Picara Sitges
Ranked #8 of 391 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tapas, portions and pinchos (individual tapas) Best D.O. Wines by the glass and bottle Local food and lunch daily set menu
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I went with three friends for tapas here and since we had a film premiere to attend we weren't vale to linger too long. The menu of larger, meal-type tapas items was varied enough to satisfy all of us and since the others had been therefore I was happy to have them choose for me. I was very happy to eat their choices too! We had two (different) bottles of red which were both excellent . Since we had mentioned that we were going to one of the SitgesFilm Festival premieres the service was super efficient and a pure joy. We were looked after superbly in a very busy restaurant and I left reluctantly but determined to return.

A couple of days later, on my own for dinner, I remembered La Picara and ate at the bar. A sublime veal stew and fresh, delicious salad. I also tried a couple of pinchitos which were tasty, fresh and delicious. Pinchitos have never really excited me in the past because they're usually dry, uninspired and standard. Usually from standing too long on the counter. These were exactly the opposite. French White bread with freshly chopped ingredients, chorizo and the other Basque sausage.

Once again a couple of glasses house red which was full, fruity and well-chosen. And I was looked after so superbly.

Thank you for a super discovery. Back in Sitges late November, I'm going back for more and I know I'm not going to be disappointed.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

highly recommended. We ordered the iberian assortment and 2 tapas. You can also choose the stick from the bar for 1.60 euro each.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

La picara is a great little tapas place in sites, the food was great, the service even better!

we'll go back every time we're in sitges.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We followed reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. This little tapas bar was charming and the food was delicious! Great for a relaxing lunch and a beer whilst in Sitges

1  Thank Charlotte B
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Sorry but I just don't get all the great reviews. We went based on what we had read here and came away decidedly underwhelmed. Food was pretty standard fare- nothing wrong- but not spectacular. Nem is far far superior.
The dark haired lady was friendly, but the rest of the staff were extremely brusque and practically threw the food and drinks at us. We won't be back

1  Thank Rawtalent