“Tapas at their best!”

el Cable
Ranked #31 of 384 Restaurants in Sitges
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: El Cable is a Tapas Bar in Sitges. Our tapas are really tasty (our customers say that they are the best tapas in Sitges and around).Some of our tapas have the best reputation in town, such as, Patatas Bravas (french fries with a spicy sauce), squid roman style (fried rings) or our homemade ham croquettes, to name but afew. And we have been in this business for years:The Andreu family opened el Cable in 1940, in a different premises not far from where the bar is located now. In February of 1956 we opened el Cable where it is now. The whole building was built by members of the same family. In the beginning, the first floor was the family’s home and the upper floors were guestrooms (a hostel).In the sixties we lived through the northern tourism boom working as a bar and hostel.In the late sixties the bar was given to one of the family son´s: Sisco Andreu (Sisco del Cable) and the rest of the building stopped working as a hostel and was turned into apartments.In 2003 el Cable was passed onto Sisco’s Sons: Francesc and Manel, the families third generation in the business. From then on, el Cable has gone from strength to strength, it has been updated and modernised while still keeping the original style.Nowadays we are not only a little town’s bar: we are the bar of this town, a friendly local meeting point for many people in Sitges.
Oxford
“Tapas at their best!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant atmosphere, great Tapas. If you want authentic tapas surrounded by friendly, local people this is the place for you. The staff are great and the food is excellent. Opens at 7pm in the evening at the moment, not sure about the high season.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank OxfordBognorBoy

• Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Much more than just tapas”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

What if I tell you that they prepare the best chicken curry in town? And I've tried so many... but the finest (although not spicy) is served there.
What if I tell you that its "calamars a la romana" are among the best, at the same level than some of the finest Sitges fish restaurants!
El Cable bar also designs beautiful creations for the annual Tapas competition. This year, its "relaxing cup" has been awarded The Best Tapa in Sitges again. I strongly recommend you that you try this surprising piece of culinary art.
Price is not expensive at all, service is ok (try to avoid busy days such as Friday night or Saturday, waiting time can be a bit high...
In conclusion, I suggest you should neither live in Sitges nor leave this beautiful town missing this place!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank TheEmptyQuarter
Brussels, Belgium
“local tapas bar”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

the restaurant is a bit hidden, just ask for it, it is well known. When we were there, there were only Spanish people, which I like a lot and shows a great choice of restaurant. The tapas bar is not fancy but very cozy and really good! Good variety of fresh made tapas.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Diana P
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best tapas in the entire Garraf region”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

El Cable, an ancient Sitges tavern with local people and tradition, has won several awards being the most important "Catalunya Best Tapa 2013". Indeed, it is a truly gastronomical experience: they serve excellent classical tapas such as calamars a la romana, patates braves or its amazing batter-breading artichokes and aubergines, as well as wonderful new creations like the awarded ones. The thing is every time I go to El Cable just for a tapa or its magnificent home-made Vermouth before going somewhere else I wonder why I just came for a tapa and not for a whole tapas party. I always leave the place with the feeling I should stay there and cancel the rest… They have well captured both the essence of Sitges and Catalan most famous tapas. If I had to compare this place, I would say they are as good as Tapas 24 of Carles Abellan (ex-Bulli).

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TheEmptyQuarter
Sant Pere de Ribes, Spain
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This place is the place when looking for a non-guiri atmosphere (me talking as a guiri). Great, easy-going. Nice tapas, good price/quality, perfect for an aperitif.

• Visited October 2013