“Disgusting....”

Pizza Emporio
Ranked #233 of 391 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: You still have the wrong name
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just left the restaurant, absolutely disgusted and quite angry. These are not pizzas, they are pita bread covered with cheese and sauce. The pasta was old, reboiled and the sauce was substandard - just to put it mildly. Tourist trap? For sure. Authentic Italian Cuisine? Hahahaha!!! Server was quite rude and probably heard: "You're pizza is served on pita bread!!" before as he seemed to have a canned response of "it's Roma style" hahahah!! What a laugh. Roma Pakistan maybe. I remember making pizzas like this in grade school, and they tasted better. I doubt the positive reviews are real; or the people who had a positive experience at this restaurant just crawled out from under a rock where Pizza was never served and this was their first experience. Even if that were the case, I'd still doubt it. Found a hair on the pizza, lucky me, free toppings hahaha!! Avoid this DUNG PILE like the plague as it might be the by product of your dining experience. Trust me I learned my lesson the $45 way - don't be a victim. Eat at Burger King. Is it possible to give negative stars? As this was the worst Italian dining experience I've ever encountered hands down. Cannot say enough bad things about this place, but probably will anyway because it sucked that bad and I'm still fuming. Buy yourself a knock off Barcelona jersey from the crooked Indian vendor next door, at least that way you would have a tangible reminder of how it feels to be ripped off.

1  Thank TJNY77

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I see this 'restaurant' has one excellent review, this customer must have mistaken this place for somewhere else!
Let's start with the service, well I guess we were seated reasonably quickly, in a dark area of the near empty restaurant ( I now know why it was empty!)
The waiter needs a wash as he stunk, so bad imagine he sleeps on dirty nappies.
I ordered a starter of dough balls and dips, my friend also ordered the same.
When this arrived the waiter also brought out bread sticks/ rolls and garlic butter for everyone! Ok I guess it's an easy way to bump up the bill €1.30 per person even though it's probably never requested.
The thing is, why on earth when you order two generous dough ball platters would they think you would want this as well? Answer is that they have no skills, no clue, no idea!
To make matters worse one starter had a repeated dipping sauce instead of four different ones. If they can't get that right what hope has this place?
I ordered for my main a special deluxe pizza as it sounded interesting, when it arrived I was gutted, I actually couldn't tell what the ingredients were on the pizza, I wish I had taken a photo now as it would have been a great question for a pub quiz!
Ok I could tell it had chicken on it, four tiny tiny pieces of chicken, the pizza I left untouched but I did pull the chicken off and feed a stray cat that had come to our table, it soon made a meal of that, it obversely hadn't eaten here before or was desperate.
My friends ordered mac cheese and another pasta dish, these were small portions, I tried a little from their plate but it wasn't that good.
Overall this isn't a good place to eat, the waiters hygiene alone is enough to put you off!
Go to the marina area, there is a brilliant pizza restaurant located there.

1  Thank Boboranga
Reviewed September 17, 2012

What can I say about the Pizza Emporio…. Hmmm…
We fancied a pizza or some pasta, and were nearby. The place looked quite nice from outside, and the menu convinced us that we would be eating some lovely fresh food, using only the finest ingredients known to humanity. How can you go wrong? Well, if any potential restaurateurs are wanting to know how to go wrong – pop along to Pizza Emporio, and see how wrong you can get it!

Seated – Quickly
Order taken – Quickly
Bread we didn’t want or order arrived – Quickly
Dough balls arrived quickly, and were okay….
Between three of us we ordered – Cheese Macaroni, Aubergine /Chicken Pizza, and Spaghetti Carbonara.
All items were delivered (quickly) by a waiter to smelled like he has soiled his nappy – eeurgh!! not a good start!
The pizza was an ugly brown mess, with tiny bits of chicken, and huge brown horrible slabs of Aubergine – More than half of that was left at the end of the meal.
The Cheese Macaroni, whilst not a disaster, was very simple pasta tubes with a bit of cheese chucked on the top – I knock up a much, much better one up at home.
The Spaghetti Carbona was tasteless, and the sauce was gloopy and splitting, and I did not enjoy playing the “find the bacon bumps” game… Yes, “bumps” that is what they called them, perhaps it was supposed to say lumps? – I’m not sure which is worse!
The highlight of our meal was the little ginger cat that came to join us. We felt like naughty kids trying to palm off as much of our food into him as we could. Even he got bored of the food eventually, and toddled of to find a better quality meal in a bin, probably.
As you can probably tell, we thought it was utter rubbish, and will not ever eat there again! Yukk!

2  Thank Thomper_UK
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had seen the reviews but our friends had eaten here and enjoyed it so we gave it a go. Yes the service was quite slow but the restaurant was busy the pizzas an tuna one and I had the chicken, ham, and beef both were freshly made and exelant we did get bread but this is a sort of tax that most restaurants give you but just say no if you don't want it but the cheese that comes with the bread is very nice. This is a very inexpensive night out and we enjoyed the pizzas
Anthony

1  Thank Anthonytindall
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited Pizza Emporio for a light meal and we've never been so disappointed. The location is perfect, 20 meters from the beach, but everything else was dreadful.
Service was slow and I had to go and ask for a menu despite the fact that there were only 3 tables occupied.
We ordered the most basic dishes, Pizza Margarita and Tagliatelle Al Funghi. After a long wait the waiter delivered a lukewarm, wafer thin cracker with just about enough cheese and tomato to cover it thinly. The pasta was undercooked and the sauce was a greasy, gloopy mess with a vague taste of mushrooms.
We refused to pay for the pasta and left as quickly as possible.

2  Thank Bookbox