Hotel El Xalet
Hotel El Cid(Sitges)(Great Value!)
$64
$97
  • Restaurant
$65
  • Breakfast included
Sunway Playa Golf Hotel & Spa(Sitges)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Hotel Subur Maritim(Sitges)(Great Value!)
$106
$115
$109
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Parrots Sitges Hotel(Sitges)(Great Value!)
$76
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgorgeous hotelclassical musichot milkperiod buildinggarden restauranttrain stationbreakfast is servedsuite roommin walk to the beachsmall swimming poolduring summerno elevatorfree tea and coffeejust returned from a night staythe ground floorair conlorena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2009

I stayed at El Xalet with my family for a weekend to celebrate my Mother's 60th birthday. The building is beautiful and although the rooms were basic they were clean and air conditioned and decorated in a period style in keeping with the era. The staff were extremely welcoming and looked after us all during our stay. I would also recommend the restaurant which opens during the Summer in the garden where we had a fabulous family birthday dinner.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2009

stayed in suite
rather dillapidated and uncleaned
architecturally stunning building
sheets changed once in 2 weeks and then only at our request
the family/ owners live in and around the hotel and the public areas become the domain of the sons their partners and children during the day
no sunbathing facilities on site
breakfast exactly same all week no variation
for many years have wanted to stay here but now having been wouldnt go again

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2008

As many of the other reviews suggest, the hotel is one of the prettiest in town. What used to be an old family residence has been sympathetically turned into a hotel. My room at beatuiful vaulted ceilings with all the original cornicing and frescos. Overll the stay was enjoyable, and there were no faults with the room. Its fairly basic but with characyer, is clean, everything worked etc. The staff are a bit unfriendly (apart from the Engliah lady who was helpful), but they do their jobs and leave you to it. The main issue was the swimming pool. We had chosen the hotel for that reason, but it isnt actually used. All of the tables in the garden are pushed up against it and it was dirty etc. Not once did I see anyone go it and the owner even shoke a crumbed table cloth into it! The garden is pretty and the pool looks lovely at night, but just not if you were thinking of getting in it!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2008

As many of you do, I read the reviews here before I booked my single room at El Xalet in June 2008. And after finishing my stay at this hotel I really wanted to post a good word about the place. Not only because the building is amazing and my room was quite all right (basic but clean and airconditioned), but also because of the great sense of good taste, one can experience here.

The first impression of the place may not be quite "luxury", however, when you feel the specific atmosphere of the green garden and taste the dinner menu served by the pool accompanied by soft chillout music, everithing changes. Yes, the place is not flashy at all, but I cannot think of another hotel in SItges with such pleasant atmosphere. This is what worth to be felt here.

And the staff: As you can see from the comments below, the hotel is operated by a Spanish family (a mother and two sons). Although you will notice that they are not the typical "How can we help you" team, indeed they are doing quite a good job to keep the good taste in the site. Yes, they speak English as good as most of us speak Spanish (as one of the comments below reads), however even this fact can help you better feel the local spirit (you are wrong if you expect any standartized McDonalds approach here). If you like Spain as I do, you will probably agree with me that the more you try to understand it, the more you will love it.

And a special word about a special person I met in El Xalet - Yvonne - the lady at the reception (English). I have been to many hotels across Europe and US, but this is the first receptionist, who was not only extremely helpful and nice (she let me keep my bike in the hotel's warehouse), but also become a friend of mine, although I spent there only four days. Yvonne is a realy nice and openhearted person and her positive and friendly attitude and nice sense of humor are loved by the guests and pefectly fit to the artistic atmosphere of the site.

I recommend experiencing El Xalet with no reservation.

~Ilya

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Elias11
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I booked the hotel via sitgesonlin.com and got confirmation. I arrived at the hotel but they had no knowledge of the booking and the hotel was full, an English staff member said this was not uncommon as there were often administrative problems at the hotel.
The staff member found me a room elsewhere in the town (more expensive) and arranged for me to have an upgraded room the following day.
When I arrived the following day the management had decided I did not need an upgraded room and gave me a basic room despite my inconvenience.
Were it not for the help of the English staff member I would have been left with no bed on a Saturday evening.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo