“Great Boutique Hotel at Reasonable Price”

Hotel Liberty Sitges
Ranked #5 of 24 Sitges B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2010

The Liberty was recommended to me by some Swedish friends who have stayed there in the past and I was delighted with their suggestion. Great hospitality and location. It is close to the railway station so easy to find if training from Barcelona and sufficiently removed from the noisy part of town. Yet is is still just a few minutes walk from the beachfront and restaurants. Book early as I gather it is very popular in peak season.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank poweraustralia

Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in October, I was traveling with a friend and after looking at several other hotels in Sitges via the internet we picked Liberty. The owners were more than willing to help us with any special requests we had. The hotel itself is very classy, spotlessly clean. It is clear that the owners invest alot of money into keeping the hotel in tip-top conditon. The place has an old world charm with all the modern aminities. Rooms are big and spacious. One tip would be it does take a little time for the hot water to reach the shower, but the owners advised us of this on check-in. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay at Liberty again on our next visit to Sitges.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank AaroninDublin
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We've stayed at Hotel Liberty, Sitges some five times - so our visit this year didn't offer surprises - the same excellent pick up at the airport, the rooms we had chosen (Liberty doesn't have a lift so if you can't do stairs you need the first floor rooms.) Jon and Eddy are excellent, friendly hosts - sure they don't live on the premises but would be easy to contact if there was an issue. The rooms are comfortable, not luxurious but the rates reflect that. Everything is very clean and in good order. The breakfast buffet is good, very fresh and appertising. There is no hotel restaurant but Jon and Eddy can recommend from the numerous Sitges restaurants according to your preference and your budget! We had a room overlooking the garden so it was very quiet .... the rooms have aircon which can be very important if you're from N.Europe!
Hotel Liberty may not have a sea view but it is an excellent base from which to explore Sitges and the nearby railway will speed you cheaply and swiftly to other cities. Well recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GeoffWalsall
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Great Hotel, location, rooms, and owners very helpful & freindly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveW105
Reviewed August 26, 2010

well positiond in the town. friendly and informative staff . well situated for trips to barcelona
will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter292
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We were lucky enough to get the penthouse suite during Sitges gay pride week and it was great. Apart from the walk up 4 flights of stairs with the bags, there is no lift, it was well worth it. The suite was quiet, spacious and we spent a lot of time on the terraces. Although the suite cost a little more than the regular rooms I think we saved that extra cost anyway by cooking and eating in 4 times during the week and by making use of the large sea view terrace at the rear. The price was also fine compared with many other hotels we looked at.

I find it difficult to believe we are talking about the same hotel when people talk about the staff, they were great, friendly, chatty and really helpful, we would have no hesitation in returning again next time we are in Sitges.

There is some video of the hotel, and Sitges, from our recent Spain trip on my You Tube channel, apntv, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7beeQexNs

Thoroughly enjoyed our trip and stay at the Liberty in Sitges, the best place we have stayed in town so far, 3rd trip.

Andy & Chris

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy-Chris-Brighton
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I rented one of their apartments on behalf of 4 friends near the sea for a wedding we attended in July 2009.

The staff were unfriendly and distrustful from the moment we arrived. We needed to give a credit card to confirm the booking, in Spanish terms this means giving an old fashioned copy of your credit card with a signature. A blank signed cheque if you like.

Reluctant as I was they assured me that this was normal procedure and I gave them my signature. We were given directions to the apartment and sent on our way.
We had a plesent undisturbed three night stay in a basic cheap three bed apartment in a good location, just what we were looking for.

We had to check out at 11am and return the key to the hotel reception which was a 10 minute walk away, we did this and left our bags for the afternoon before our flight that evening. We collected our bags a few hours later and went on our onward journey.

A week later I noticed an extra charge of 150 euro on my card for the apartment (which cost 160 for three nights). We received a letter from the agent stating that we had broken a bowl in the apartment that cost 150 euro, this bowl was a present given to the owner in 2003 and was a very personal belonging. We had no record of this bowl and are certain that we did not break anything, we would be happy to replace anything if this was the case.

We asked for an inventory and a photo as proof of the breakage but they refused to give it and then would not respond to any further contact, instead recommending the agent that we booked through to black ball us from any future bookings through them.

Simply DO NOT STAY HERE as they are fraudsters.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Audyqueen
libertysitges, Owner at Hotel Liberty Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

It is always disappointing to review negative reviews. One can only hope to learn from the experience. However, I do take issue with this review as we sold the apartment rental business in 2008, retaining only our own 2 apartments under management and for letting. I do specifically remember these guests (they were certainly black-listed by us and the local trade association which we have belonged to since 2000 was informed) The "guests" left the rental apartment in a disgusting state ( I won't go into details but faeces scraped on the walls will give a clue!) which required extensive cleaning and redecoration.
We have run the hotel and the renting of our own apartments since 1999 and have never had this experience before.
If this is normal behaviour then I pity their own property and family and friends.
I do have the photographs of the "mess" and also the exchange of emails threatening to sue us - and me welcoming this as an opportiunity for me to show the photos and get my cleaners to describe the state of the apartment after their departure.
Yes we ask all guests to sign an authority to charge their card if there is something wrong with the apartment but we always notify guests in advance of our intention to charge and ask that they respond. In 99.9% of bookings, over 2500 rental stays, this is not used or necessary and the information, carefully and securely stored, is destroyed by my secretary. However, when we faced the above scenario then a charge was justifiable and the culprits behaviour should be shared with other operators so that they can learn from the disgusting behaviour exhibited.