“Lovely hotel but very noisy”

Hotel Medium Sitges Park
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Sitges
Nerja, Spain
“Lovely hotel but very noisy”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Really pleasing hotel refurbished with some lovely rooms and architectural features. However it is extremely noisy. If your going ask for a room away from the front and take ear plugs.
Also found nice place and really enjoyed the Quilting Festival but was put off by expensive food of poor quality.

Room Tip: Not at hotel front
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a good location but as a previous reviewer said the walls really are paper thin,this is a problem that really needs to be sorted as sleep can easily be disturbed. Such a pity as it is otherwise a very nicely decorated hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerard K
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed there during the off season. Very expensive because of the Mobile World Congress taking place in Barcelona. The staff were very friendly, but not accommodating.
Struggled with no warm water for two days and only got excuses and denial and not prepared to move me to another room.
They eventually found the problem and fixed it, but made no compensation.
The bathrooms were dingy and not cleaned regularly.
But Sitges is great.

Room Tip: Room facing the inner courtyard are quieter. Room facing the street are very noisy on Friday and Sat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Roberto C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Medium Sitges Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Mr Campbell
many thanks for your review. We also think that Sitges is great, of course.
Unfortunately you did not like your stay in our hotel and this is a very bad news for us. We will take in great consideration your comments in order to give a better service to our guests.
Nevertheless we would like to point out that, during your stay, you had a team at your disposal. If you were not satisfied with the room cleanliness you had been able to speak to our staff and of course they would have investigated and solved the problem. They would also have taken in consideration a request of compensation for the problem with the water that was, as you mentioned, solved during your stay.
Anyway please accept our apologize for the not satisfactory experience in our hotel. We hope you may stay again in the hotel medium sitges park: we will do our best to make you change your mind.
Thanks again for your review. Kindest regards.
Merseyside
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have just visited Sitges - my second home - 16th/19th February. We booked online and breakfast was included in the price. The hotel has recently been refurbished, very contemporary. The rooms were lovelly, although the bathrooms let them down a bit as they had not been modernised. Staff still very friendly and helpfull.

One thing I thought was strange, we had to pay for our stay on arrival! Once we had unpacked, we asked what time the bar would open as we normally like a drink before our evening meal. We were informed that it would only be opening nearer to August. What a shame as the gardens and bar are normally a lovelly area to chill and relax. There was no atmosphere whatsoever.

We only "ate" breakfast in the hotel once, as the food wasn't very good, really fatty bacon and clumped together scrambled eggs! Second and third mornings, no cooked food and no waiter.

I definately won't be staying there again and it is a shame as I have stayed there on numerous occasions in the past.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SirBert1
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent staff, good looking (clean) rooms & lobby. But the walls are paper thin...I swear could hear the lady next door talking to her husband probably as clear as I could hear the TV in my room.

I would have given them four stars if their parking...oh wait they really don't have parking. They actually use a public parking garage which is behind the hotel on a one way street, which to get to you have to go against traffic on a one lane road.

If you go, bring a good map and compass...because if you're like me and depend on a Garmin...your screwed. Had to park over by the beach, and then walk to the hotel only about 400 yards, which using my Garmin in Pedestrian mode only took about 30 minutes. Garmins work great (typically) but in pedistrian mode, when you walking down narrow street, it hads a hard time tracking because the buildings interfere with the GPS signal. So unless you know exactly where and how to get to the hotel...two words...Good luck !!!

Nice hotel...but next I'll pay the extra 20 Euros and get a hotel that actually has their own parking garage or at least post directions on their website.

Room Tip: Call ahead and get directions if coming by car. GPS's are useless because half the roads within...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My friend and I booked a trip to Sitges only a few days before departure and we were fortunate enough to not only get rooms in this hotel but also at a good price. We stayed five nights on a room only basis. The hotel is perfectly located right in the centre of Sitges and neither of us encountered any issues of noise often associated with resort centre locations. The rooms are modern, light and airy, and while the bathrooms did not appear to be included in the recent renovation work they are in good condition, and kept very clean by housekeeping. The communal areas are lovely, especially the main foyer area and around the pool. In the foyer there are two iMac computers that are free to use, although you'll have to manage with the Spanish keyboards. I was also pleasantly surprised by how reasonable the bar prices at the pool side bar, as I usually expect hotel drinks prices to be extortionate. Not the case here. My only concern about pool area was the lack of sun loungers; although this wasn't really an issue for us as the one time we wanted to lay by the pool there were enough free, but I can see how this would quickly become an issue in June, July and early August. There were quite a few chairs and stools in the pool area that never seem to get used. Perhaps the hotel wouldn't do bad to get rid of a few of these in favour of some more loungers. The check in process was quick and easy, and the staff were generally very helpful. On arriving I explained that I was expecting a replacement phone to be delivered and they were more than happy to accept it for the courier on my behalf while I was out and about. No bother for them at all. They even called my co-traveller to pass on a message that it had arrived. The only criticism I can raise would be that they don't do late check out; or at least when I asked, it was refused. They explained that they needed the time to prepare the rooms for the next guests as it is a relatively small hotel. This seemed a fair enough reason and it wouldn't put me off going there again in the future or recommending to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank michaelliffen
Sunshine Coast
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is worth more than 3 stars and was exceptional value for money!

Centrally located, extremely courteous staff, new decor in reception, wifi throughout plus free use of mac desktops in common room.

Rooms are fresh and spacious. Gorgeous high wooden ceilings with painted decals and funky wire chandelier.

Massive bathroom, fantastic shower (and high quality towels!).

This hotel exceeded our expectations in Sitges, would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends