“Pedro”

Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Sitges
Sitges
“Pedro”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The breakfast was amazing, lot of different warm eating and many sweet cakes and fruit coctails, like tapas breakfast ! Also cava ! That breakfast was exellent this room price. (30€ / day) Our rooms was other building, butt its very clean and peaceful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for posting a review, it's really appreciated.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Pros:
-good location - close to the seaside
-helpful personnel
-free internet access
-big rooms
-ironing equipment
-good breakfasts and free tea with sweets served in the afternoon

Cons:
-cleaning of corridors should be better

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Valhalior
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for posting a review, it's really appreciated.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us
Frederick
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We booked here after finding that we had to change our itinerary in Barcelona and wanted something near the water for not too much. This hotel, which has a more expensive sister property facing the coast, was the perfect choice. I got a superior double with a balcony and a gourmet breakfast each morning for a good rate. Being that it's March I probably got a better deal. At any rate, the room had two double beds together, larger than a California king bed, with fluffy duvets and french doors opening onto a large private balcony with table and chairs. The bath was large and modern and the breakfast buffet was unbelievable. It is only a few easy minutes' walk to the coastline and there is a stunning old church built right on the beach that you can walk up the stone steps of and enjoy the view. There are touristy shops and designer shops as well as *regular' stores. We found a really good pizza place but I can't remember the name of it, Red something. They made us a barbecue chicken pizza to go in no time and it was delicious. They also have Heineken on tap which they don't in America. It was very refreshing. This coastal area of Spain, Sitge, must be very overlooked by the travel gurus but I'd rather spend my brief time here than in Barcelona or Madrid.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony room if that's important to you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to post it, it's very much appreciated!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Sitges.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I never bothered to review anything before, so the fact that I even made an effort in writing one just showed how impressed I was with this hotel. I only stayed for one night, and spent a night after that in Melia Sitges for a conference, which turned out to be a far less memorable experience. Location is the key, of course, but it was not really what made Galeon exceptional. First of all, the service was splendid, and I was especially delighted to meet the friendly reception staff and the helpful waiter at dinner. They also offered free afternoon tea with pastries in the lobby, which was a first! The breakfast had the most extensive selection of food, with various beverages and even gelato. And if you opt to have dinner at the hotel, with only 10 euro you would be feasting on fresh and good-quality cold and hot food, mostly Mediterranean, and being a seafood lover, I could not have asked for more! The only downside was that the rooms were located in another building from the reception so there was a bit confusion when I was trying to get to mine, but a superbly clean and comfortable room, with working kettle and coffee/tea facilities quickly fixed it! The room also had a safe, which I found useful, and fantastic shower system that just added to the fun. If it's not enough, you'd have a free coffee machine (hot chocolate for me) just downstairs, and a nice jacuzzi on the roof. Overall it was my best stay at any hotel, best value of money, and I have contemplated visiting Sitges again largely because I had a very nice, relaxing time during my stay thanks to Galeon. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Sitges.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for the most wonderful review, its hosting people like you, and indeed the vast majority of our guests, that make our job worthwhile!
Thank you for staying with us.
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My first time at the Galeon, and it won't be my last.
The hotel is one of three owned by the same company. Is it coincidence that they are ranked 1,2 & 3 in Sitges? Of course not. They just seem to have got it "right" - and obviously know their target audience at each hotel.
They have clearly worked hard to create a place as good as this - and it really punches above its weight in terms of quality and service. The staff are excellent, the rooms are beautifully appointed and the communal areas are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast is extensive, and the wi-fi signal strong. Can't ask for anything more. Well done Galeon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor, it's certainly appreciated!
We consider ourselves very fortunate for the fact that our guests are invariably very nice people, who deserve to be properly treated, it is very rewarding for us to have guests, such as yourselves, post such lovely opinions of their stay. Thank you
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I booked 4 nights at the Galeon hotel, Sitges, and was impressed right from the start.
Its very well located close to the train station and airport bus stops, as well as supermarkets, bars, cafe's and the shops.
The reception staff were excellent being friendly & very helpful. My room (a superior room in the separate pavilion building) was most comfortable and as it was on the top floor at the rear, it was quiet too. The giant bed with no shortage of quality pillows made for a good night's sleep. I really appreciated the fridge in the room, and the fact that it was not filled with mini-bar items that nobody ever wants. A kettle with tea & coffee facilities were also welcomed. Small balcony but enough for some morning coffee in the sun.
AC in room worked well and was quiet.
In the bathroom the shower system was legendary. Cleanliness throughout was 100%.
On the roof of the pavillion there is a cool heated Jacuzzi and small sun terrace area which I used every day, and always had it to myself.
The free wi-fi throughout hotel was strong and trouble-free.
Breakfast was outstanding with a huge selection of hot & cold items and all the drinks you could wish for (inc chilled cava). I mentioned the great reception staff, all the other hotel staff were equally friendly and as efficient too.
I am certainly going to make a point of returning to the Hotel Galeon, and will be telling others about it.
WELL DONE GALEON!!

2 Thank Simon F
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for the most wonderful review, its hosting people like yourselves, and indeed the vast majority of our guests, that make our job worthwhile!
Thank you for staying with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel 3 times once in may then again in august then again in October I was visiting a family member who lives there I cant fault this hotel very very nice staff fantastic food very good wifi fantastic all over the hotel and its free

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you, for the lovely things you said.
I guess the highest compliment we can be paid as accommodation providers, is to have guests return and enjoy their stay for another time, thank you for that and for your company. Thank you very much.