“A welcoming and”
Review of Hotel Galeon

Hotel Galeon
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My partner and I have stayed at the Galeon five years in a row now. The staff have always been very friendly and helpful, and we have felt at home there. We have tried other hotels in Sitges but nowhere matches the Galeon in value for money, the location, the friendliness of staff, and of course the fantastic breakfast. It's a great place and I look forward to return soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank P J
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you, for the lovely things you said.
I guess the highest compliment we can be paid as accommodation providers, is to have guests return and enjoy their stay for another time, thank you for that and for your company. Thank you very much.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Galeon

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I echo much of what has already been said. This hotel was a real find, and we were very happy with our stay.

We stayed in a superior room, in the annex, the rooms were well portioned and well equipped. A very large safe, tea/coffee making facilities in the room, complimentary toiletries. There was also a coffee machine on the ground floor. Free high-speed wifi. Flat screen LCD TV with a good range of channels. Fridge with 2 bottles of water. Power shower. A well appointed balcony with 2 chairs and a small table.

The breakfast was expensive with lots to choose from, what made it even more enjoyable was it being open until 12 noon, which meant after a late night out we were still able to have the free breakfast! Perfect!

The location was on a quiet street and we slept very well. It is a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. The area seems to be well governed in terms of bars not being able to play loud music, the streets were empty at night with no noise from those leaving bars/clubs.

The main hotel, on the adjacent street has a swimming pool with loungers.

No complaints, will definitely return to this hotel, if it isn't already fully booked as I'm sure it will be!

Thank you to all staff for an enjoyable stay.

1  Thank Ukukukuk1416
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

It was a pleasure to be able to host you and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here in Sitges.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, it's certainly much appreciated.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

When I first arrived at the hotel it was as expected as I had stayed at the sister hotel 3 years ago. The room was fine all be it that I'd requested a balcony and this didn't have one. Friends were staying at the same hotel and had been there a few day before. The first day the breakfast was perfect but the next 3 days the sausages for breakfast got progressively more uncooked which I avoided. On the last day my friend came down with diarrhoea and sickness whilst I can't say this was the breakfast but it was the only food me and friend had as the same. As on the day of return I came down with the same, this bacteria is called 'SHIGELLA' which is cause by a lack of food hygiene.

4  Thank essexboi01

Dear guest,

We thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel and the time dedicated to comment your experiences on tripAdvisor.

It is true that, unfortunatelly, we are not able sometimes to fulfil our guest request of a room with a balcony but have to explain that only part of our standard rooms have a balcony and therefore this can not be guaranteed. However, if a guest thinks it adequate to change rooms later, we are always very happy to organize it as soon as possible. On the other hand, our superior rooms are all provided with this facility.

We also want to remind that our breakfast is presented in a buffet and is serviced by professional cooks and waiters. Food is cooked, eaten and replaced several times during the service every morning. If one of our guests wants his food prepared in a specific way, our waiters will be very happy to request it from the kitchen and make sure that it is done.

We are finally very sorry to read that you and your friend didn't feel well after your visit to Spain but can not accept your suggestion that our breakfast could be the cause for it.

Our company has a specific department dedicated to maintain the best standards of food quality and hygiene. It has had each one of our staff members involved to receive the necessary training on food handling and processing and has since long established the necessary protocols and periodic internal inspections to ensure them.
Besides, the whole system is regularly reviewed and tested by an specialized external company. The results of these tests have always been positive and are the guarantee of our adequate policy on food hygiene.

We are ready to send to your E-mail adress a copy of these results to rule out any doubt you might have concerning our food quality.

We want to express one more time how grateful we are to our guests for their words on trip advisor. They always help us to focuss on what are their concerns and interests and improve our services.

Please, do not hesitate to contact the hotel for any further question or suggestion.

Yours sincerely

The management
Hotel Galeón

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have just come back from a nice week at the hotel, partly a solo stay then with my partner. Being visually impaired I am careful in my choice considering my enjoyment and safety. From my arrival, Cesar on reception was great offering assistance when needed and guiding me to the Pavillion annexe where I was booked, even offering to swap my room to the main building the following day. This level of service was maintained throughout the week but was not evident from his weekend evening colleague who clearly lacked those sme customer service skills. The room was of a good size and kept very clean even under the bed. The bathroom was a good size and well appointed but if you are less mobile or a larger build then the glass screen is tricky. The shower was good but the multi directional spray in my room, 503, sprayed over the screen and around the bathroom. The roof terrace, jacuzzi and pool area were all in pretty good condition with plenty of seating and sunbeds. On the whole the quality of food provided was good but it seemed regardless of comments from the Brits, the kitchen was eiTher unwilling or unable to serve the hot breakfast goods hot being mostly warm or basically cold. The variety of available breakfast goods was excellent especially the tortilla! The evening buffet was repeated several nights so after the first time I was uninspired to pay for it again but was good value for money on the whole I would recommend and stay at this hotel again. If it includes breakfast, take advantage but if room only, don't worry as there are plenty of places to eat. Finally, for those who like their wifi, the signal strength was very good wherever I used it. Definitely a good value for money stay with a gold star for service to Cesar.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy36ldn

Thank you very much for posting such lovely comments, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a fantastic hotel. Great location! Friendly staff and great value. The bad thing about this hotel is how sunburnt I got in the jacuzzi on the roof terrace. A/C was quiet, Buffett was brilliant and so much to choose from. Security camera's in public areas so felt safe. First time in Sitges and will definitely will return and recommend friends. See you all again.

Room Tip: What a fantastic hotel. Great location! Friendly staff and great value. The bad thing about this hot...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor.
Take care and we hope to see you next time you’re in Sitges.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our party visited here as part of a 50th birthday celebration and we found the hotel to be a perfectly good 3 star establishment. The reception staff are helpful, and its generally clean and pretty well kept. The dining room does have the look of a cheap café but the food (breakfast) is good and that is what counts. However, on the first morning of our stay we did hear of another guest having her handbag taken from the restaurant by a couple who walked in off the street during the breakfast. She was obviously very upset and from what we could tell the problem was reported to the police. We don't know what happened next and weren't aware of any other problems at the hotel. All-in-all we'd be more than happy to stop here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting a review, it's really appreciated.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for three nights in September 2013 as a stop over while waiting to go on a cruise from Barcelona. What a find a lovely hotel right in the centre of everything.

The staff were very friendly and went the extra mile to assist us in having a good time. The breakfast was great and plentiful with lots of choice. You could have a long lie in bed and have your breakfast till 12 noon and we found that the food was continually replenished.

The hotel is situated just round from the train station and a short walk from the Monbus stop which we used to come from the airport. The hotel is also close to the shops, restaurants and just a short walk to reach the beach.

The bed in our room was very comfortable and afforded a great nights sleep. I really don't know what else you would want from a hotel and for a great price.

I would recommend this hotel without reservation. There was a few little things that could have been better but to mention them would really be getting picky.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jamesb907
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, it is greatly appreciated.
We're also pleased that your holiday in our beautiful country went so well and we were happy to be able to contribute to that.