“Fantastic value”

Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Sitges
N.Ireland
“Fantastic value”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a week in the Hotel Galeon. Can I say at the outset how helpful, friendly and warm the staff at the Galeon are and single out Cesar for special mention. I had my purse stolen from my handbag at El Prat station on way from airport - PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL AS THIS STATION IS TARGETED BY THIEVES AND THERE IS NO VISIBLE SECURITY (my husband intercepted another thief yesterday on our return home). We arrived at the hotel upset and shaken and Cesar was calming and helpful, ringing the police, arranging a taxi to take us to the police station and generally reassuring us. Our stay was great, the hotel has a central location and although in a fairly busy street, our room at the back of the hotel (not the pavilion) was quiet. The rooms are spotlessly clean as are all areas of the hotel including the intimate and sheltered pool area. The breakfast has to be seen to be believed, I have never seen such a selection of food for a morning meal. It is also served daily from 8-12 so there is no rush if you have had a late night! We ate one night in the hotel: buffet dinner for 9.50 euros and a bottle of decent red for 5 euros. It was not cordon bleu, but there was a very good selection and the meal was as good if not better than some of the restaurants in the main street. Must also recommend El Pou for a different slant on tapas! Well done Galeon on good service, pleasant staff and high standards throughout!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Pavilion are larger apparently. Our room (408) was a standard but was a good size, at...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen C
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you very much for having found time to write a review of Hotel Galeón of Sitges. Many thanks for your appreciation to the result of the efforts of workers in the Hotel, they worry that everything is to your liking and have a memorable stay in Sitges.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked the Galeon through Vueling via booker.com as it was more economical. We usually stay at the Hotel Platjadour their sister Hotel however this was fully booked and as our friends were staying at the Galeon on their recomandation we decided to stay there too. Staff were very helpful and the hotel manager explained everything required to enjoy are stay when we checked in. Rooms were very clean and air con and Safe in the room were not chargeable which was an unexpected plus. Also had a fridge in the room with a first day complementrary botttle of water each too. Rooms were cleaned every day and new towels provided as and when we wanted them. Our room was very quiet and had lovely big beds..with a choice of pillows for a comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast was always good ,hot and plentyful with a choice to suit ALL nationalities.
Another option wich really appealed to us was the use of beach towels and parasols for a refundable deposit between 10 and 20 Euros at the end of the holiday. You can exchange towels for fresh ones on a daily basis. This saved taking your own towels..so less weight in your suitcases too.Free wifi in rooms . I would have like to have an iron and ironing board in the room too, but I would think the Hotel would have provided this had I asked but didn't on this occasion...The only downside for me was when we used the Hotel pool on the last day, there was no Poolside Toilet to use and had to get dressed each time i needed to use the loo in the reception area. Most of the time we used the beach as the Hotel was very central for all ameneties and an easy walk.
Otherwise I would always book The Galeon as first Choice and look forward to next years stay. Highly recomend this hotel...Lots of extras such as free complemenrary drink at the Platjadour with a breathtaking view of Sitges not to be missed... Very enjoyable holiday :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lewis6690
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us, it's really appreciated.
We're very flattered that you ' highly recommended ' us, thank you. We seem to have really terrific people stay here and you are no exception! Kind regards.
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from another stay at the Galeon, in the pavilion part of the hotel, which is great. The only slight downside was the room we had was very small. Apart from that very clean, breakfast great, staff very friendly & helpful. Free wi-fi in the rooms this year. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you very much for posting such lovely comments, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We enjoyed your company very much and would love to see you return in the future, take care!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I booked the Galeon largely on the strength of it's breakfast which everyone (rightly) says is one of the best in Sitges. Having stayed at other hotels there, which were patchy, I have to say that the Galeon gets pretty much everything right.

I stayed in the Pavilion part of the hotel, which meant a superior room, some of the rooms have larger terraces than others, i suspect I got a smaller one as I was travelling alone. In the room, the fridge, kettle, tea and coffee, multijet shower, toiletries, free wifi and air con were all very much appreciated.

The pavilion is a short walk across the pool area and a few doors down the street. It does feel a little strange having to cross a public street to get to breakfast but you get used to it. The roof terrace on the pavilion is very pleasant and the jacuzzi is a nice addition...although it is unheated, so my idle thoughts of sitting in it in the evening with a drink were dashed!

The wifi is free, but works on a voucher system which issues a username and password for 1 or 3 day durations, which means on a longer stay you'll have to trek over to reception to get a fresh one (which inevitably you'll only realise just after you've made it to your room in the pavilion) ... I also had to have my room key replaced twice as the cardlocks just stopped recognising it.

The hotel offers several really nice, thoughtful extra features. A beach towel can be hired for a refundable 10 euro deposit, and a fresh one claimed from reception each day. Same for parasols. You're also given a voucher for a free glass of cava at the 5th floor bar at Hotel Platjador...take advantage of this, the view up there is lovely and it's a very nice open terrace with views of the beach.

You'll also qualify for a discounted rate at the Platjador restaurant, El Rincon de Pepe which represents very good value at 14 euros.

So, would I stay here again, yes! The staff were friendly and helpful, and the facilities up to scratch, and the price pretty reasonable too.

The location is ideal, 2 mins walk to the railway station, 2 mins walk to the lovely shopping streets and cafes, 5 mins walk to the beach front.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank jonxyz
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, it is greatly appreciated.
We're also pleased that your holiday in our beautiful country went so well and we were happy to be able to contribute to that.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have to say no wonder this hotel is the number one hotel on Tripadvisor. The service is excellent the reception team go beyond a service expected at a three star hotel. The reception manager goes beyond expectations with everything he assists with. My partner hurt his back and they assisted me in letting the nurse into his room and letting take food to him.

The breakfast is excellent and has a great selection. the new dinner is excellent and great value for money.

Thank you Galeon for making another holiday in Sitges a great time I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a superior room. They have rooms with great King size beds and do all the can...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jason337
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you, high praise indeed! And a big thanks you for taking the time to post a review. It´s great to see at guests again, we will work as hard as we can, to see you next year keeping up with the effort and illusion for making your stay in SITGES unforgettable. Thank you again!
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel is the best. Stopped in the annex The Pavillion room was superb and with a really brilliant bathroom. Breakfast is the bees knees everything you want superb. The staff are the best and will really help you out. Free wifi in every room and safe . The evening buffet was good but you must go to the sister hotel The Platador the 3 course meal for 14 euro's was brilliant and so was the free Cava on the roof top terrace. I would recommend The Galeon to any one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to post it, it's very much appreciated!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Sitges.
England
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have just literally returned from 11 nights in Sitges, staying at the Hotel Galeon. The whole experience was fabulous - truly. The staff were so friendly, we never encountered a rude member of staff. The hotel itself was lovely. We stayed in the Galeon Pavillion which is an annexe to the actual hotel. Our room was very contemporary in style, with wooden flooring, a large shower cubicle with different types of shower heads, super king size bed, flat screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, which were replenished daily, they also provided toiletries as well. They even provided decent hangers and a free safe deposit box in the wardrobe, free air conditioning which is essential in the summer and free Wi-Fi. You really had everything you need. The communal areas were comfortable both in the Pavillion and the main hotel and everything was so clean. The standard of the room cleaning was very good and done on a daily basis, with clean towels brought in everyday. For me, the most impressive - breakfast!! It was served until 12 noon, so if you had a late night, you could still make breakfast. The selection was very good, cereals and not the cheap brands, tapas, salads, cold meats, cheese, 3 different types of egg choices, sausages and bacon, with a "special" each day, which were potato cubes, roasted peppers or beans. There were always a selection of pastries and cakes, along with fresh orange juice. They also provided Cava so you could make a Bucks Fizz if you are so inclined. On checking in, we were told about the sister hotel Hotel Platjador which is opposite the beach. We were given a voucher which entitled us to a glass of Cava on the terrace bar at the Platjador, which is based on the 5th floor, which we used as we watched the sun set and we had another glass given to us at their restaurant. Ask reception to book your table and it is brought to you automatically. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel. The Galeon has a small but nice pool area along with a rooftop jacuzzi, which was where we spent most of our days rather than going to the beach. Another lovely touch was from 15.00 - 18.00 hours each day, afternoon tea was served, along with cakes and pastries, in the reception area. I'm not a tea drinker, so I took a sachet of coffee from my room and had a coffee and a cake - how civilised! The decision that I have to make is hotel to choose when I hopefully return next year??!! The standards required for staff are the same, they are both in excellent locations, the Galeon with it's central location, but the Platjador for it's beachfront location. I'm going to have to think long and hard which will we choose when we return next year and I think it will boil down to do I want to be on the beach or not? If it's a beach location, Platjador, central town location, the Galeon. The Galeon does really deserve it's number one rating on Tripadvisor.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and had a nice, but small patio. The rooms on the higher floors appeare...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us, it's really appreciated.