1,027 results
All reviews one star air con pastries train station ceiling fan pool area rooms are basic breakfast room cold meats double glazing hot food cleaned every day nice pool reception staff are small balcony huge bed breakfast is served
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Fourth time we've stayed at the El Cid and still cannot believe its only got one star.Hotel is clean nice pool excellent breakfast with loads of choice and topped up all the time. Since the last time the hotel has added free wi fi. They even have chilled drinks in the foyer to have after the beach but the main asset this hotel have is the staff who are universally friendly a tone set by the manager. Could not recommend this hotel enough. Well done.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank geordiejohn2013
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you, high praise indeed! And a big thanks you for taking the time to post a review. It´s great to see at guests again, we will work as hard as we can, to see you next year keeping up with the effort and illusion for making your stay in SITGES unforgettable. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was our first time in Sitges and we actually had a BIG problem: during the train trip from Barcelona to Sitges the wallet were stolen to the both of us, so when we arrived at the hotel we had NOTHING with us: no ID or passport, no money, no credit card. The reception staff was incredibly kind and helpful, especially Livia, who deserved our lifetime gratitude: they understood our problem and they were able to find out all the possible solutions in order to help us. In add of this, El Cid is very central located, has an excellent value for price, the rooms are nice and the hotel provides a very rich breakfast buffet. We definitely will suggest it and we're coming back for sure (Sitges is a fabulous place! But in Spain be VERY careful to your stuff!! We're frequent travelers and we've never had an issue, anywhere! In Spain there are actually at time A LOT, and very professional, rubbers!!!).

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Gaynotturno

Thank you very much for having found time to write a review, it's certainly much appreciated. Many thanks for your appreciation to the result of the efforts of workers in the Hotel, they worry that everything is to your liking and have a memorable stay in Sitges.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My first time in Spain, and I couldn't have had a better welcome. Lovely comfortable hotel, in a good location.
Nice room with balcony overlooking the pool, cleaned to a high standard daily. The Breakfast Buffet couldn't have been better, and the staff very friendly and helpful. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

We wish you could have stayed longer too! We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind remarks. All the very best.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I arrived checked in quickly lots of info on hotel etc even though I had been before.
I booked a single room but was given a comfortable triple room ,the hotel is not the most modern but it's clean has a friendly staff,the pool area is spotless and has plently of sunbeds.
There is a good buffet served till noon great if you party too late!
There is always plenty of hot water and the chilled lemonade in the foyer is a nice touch .
In summing up its a great hotel if you have a budget it's quiet enough and comfy beds,but don't expect luxury!

Trip type: Traveled solo

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I went to the El Cid two years ago and I enjoyed it so this year in early September I saw no reason at all not to use it again when I returned to Sitges for a solo holiday. The main attraction of this hotelm is the staff. Tony, the Manager has a really excellentb team of staff, and I include the room chambermaids, the kitchen boys, the boys and girls on the reception. I must thank one female receptionist who helped me out when I was trying to get a print out from the hotel PC. The hotel is in the cenre of the town which makes it ideal for the shops, beaches, rail and bus and the nightlife. The hotel is classed as a budget hotel but I have been to many so called 3 star hotels in the UK which are very poor when compared to the El Cid. Yes the El Cid has its faults, its rough corners but overall it is a fine hotel and if Tony stays in charge it will never let you down. I must say that this hotel may not be suitable for familys with young children, there are no play areas, childrens pools and I have never seen young children at the hotel. The bulk of the customers seem to be solo males, couples or small groups of males or females. The hotel is very gay friendly as is the whole of Sitges town. If you want a relaxing, trouble free hotel in a really great Spanish town then this hotel should suit you. The El Cid is part of a group of hotels so before you book look on the web site www.hotelsitges.com and check out all the hotels in the group.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Ralph R
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you, for the lovely things you said.
I guess the highest compliment we can be paid as accommodation providers, is to have guests return and enjoy their stay for another time, thank you for that and for your company. Thank you very much.