1,017 results
All reviewsone starair conpastriestrain stationceiling fanpool arearooms are basictill middaydouble glazingbreakfast roomhot foodcentral locationcleaned dailyreception staff aresmall balconynice poolshort walk to the beach
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our second stay at El Cid showed the hotels aim to improve the customer experience. Newley renovated rooms with double glazing and air conditioning, spotlessly clean surroundings, with courteous and helpfully staff. What more could you ask for in this price bracket.......a pool and breakfast, they are included too. Will definitely be returning to El Cid. Year after year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for the most wonderful review, its hosting people like yourselves, and indeed the vast majority of our guests, that make our job worthwhile!
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just returned from our fourth stay at the El Cid and for the fourth time, I can't fault the hotel. You really do get a lot for your money - the key thing here is excellent value. No, it's not the best hotel in Sitges but you're not paying for the best: you're paying for a value option and that's what El Cid delivers. The first plus points are the excellent staff - always smiling and friendly, always greeting you with an 'hola' or a 'buenos dias', always helpful and always efficient, whether it is manning reception or keeping the extensive breakfast buffet items topped up. The maids keep the rooms constantly clean with fresh towels every day.
The hotel is quite large with two blocks making an L-shape – obviously some rooms face the road and some face the quiet side, but they are double glazed and so even on the roadside the rooms are quiet enough. You can pay a little more for rooms that face south and overlook the great pool area but there is so much to keep you occupied elsewhere in Sitges you may not be in your hotel room except to sleep.
The décor is a little old but that is part of its charm. It’s a basic hotel but the friendliness, the cleanliness and the great breakfast mean you get more than you’d expect for a one-star rating. And the best recommendation is that yes, we’d definitely return to the El Cid yet again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more if you can for a room overlooking the pool, and the top floor rooms have big terraces.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank OCadhla
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you very much for having found time to write a review, it's certainly much appreciated. Many thanks for your appreciation to the result of the efforts of workers in the Hotel, they worry that everything is to your liking and have a memorable stay in Sitges.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had stayed in this hotel 5 times and every year is getting better and better. The staff really listens to people's comment and up greats the things we tourists suggests and asks for
Very comfortable place to spend holidays and to have a great time
The pool area is fantastic with plenty of sun beds and is cleaned regularly.
For the price u pay in Sitges this hotel is a great valu.

Don't understand previous comment some people have made how poor this hotels is likely they are very unhappy with themselves personally

The AC and TV works fine, the are plent of sun bad around the pool area, the wi fi is available in the large lobby area as well in some rooms upon request prior the reservation

When it comes it wi fi. Why to people need to be on their iPhones and iPads crusing on Grinder all day long? This is holiday time go outside and socialize, enjoy the beautiful town, beaches and bars and sure you will meet plenty of amazing people.

Room Tip: Pool view room is a great choice 4 floor pool view rooms have large terraces
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tommy692001
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have recently come back from Sitges near Barcelona,
I stayed in the El CID hotel.
This is a basic hotel and one of the cheaper hotels with more expensive rooms available
I booked for 3 weeks standard.
I originally asked when I booked that I would prefer a quieter room
They put me in a noisy room on the main road.
My light didn't work.
I was right near the maids area from where they clean.
I asked for another room which I got 3 or 4 days later.
I turned on the light switch it did,nt work!
So started to lose it!
The whole fitting was broken in this room.
Oh I forgot to mention the day before I moved into this room from the other one
The maintenance man came to fit a new bulb, 4 days later! That's service for you!
I went to the reception and told a lady and then a man who where working there, she was oka about it.
The mans attitude was well," there are worse rooms and you paid for standard"!
The Manager was no better very much like a robot no customer service no social skills.
I wanted to leave,I went to their other hotel the Galeon they had a different attitude altogether
Very kind and considerate.
The manager there told me that the booking office for their hotels was in the El CID
I was not told this earlier by the staff on reception in the ELCID.
I was referred to a very lovely lady called Anna,a human being I would say,in the booking office.
She was wonderful and very understanding I think this was the first time I got a real apology from the EL CID.
I really didn't want to write a review like this but the customer service was pretty bad.
A standard booking doesn't mean a standard customer service or attitude
I hope EL CID learn from this
Suffice to say Anna reassured me and then had a lovely time in Sitges.
But I would never go to this hotel again I was there for 3 weeks not 1 or 2
And I deserved better.
And one last thing there was only one socket in the rooms!
We are in the 21st century come on!

Room Tip: Call the hotel first!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bluejelly

Thank you very much for your words about the hotel Galeon, but I am somewhat disheartened to hear the negative points about EL CID. We are grateful for your comments and suggestions, which will help us to improve every day.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

It really is cheap and the location is excellent and for that reason it is hard to criticise. However, the small things that bothered me mean that I am unlikely to return. They really are small things and would be easy to put right and cheap!

In no particular order my gripes are:
Plastic cups in the bathroom not being replaced when used.
TV on the wall can't be seen from the bed as it is flat on the wall and looks mostly black at that angle.
Air con on all night
No wifi availability in the room
Not enough sunbeds around the pool
Twin beds when we asked for a double
Dripping tap in the bathroom
No air con in some public areas

and then there is the breakfast, when something goes wrong there isn't someone around to deal with it:
Fruit juice machine not working one morning
No handle on the toaster
Only one cheese on offer (I'm veggie), which leads to the next point!
Tongs for meat and cheese shared
Sometimes no butter just margarine
Warm milk, stale cereals
Tasteless pastries
Coffee machine not working properly

If it wasn't cheap I would have rated it poor.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments in regards to your stay between us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, but I am somewhat disheartened to hear at the negative points and we are grateful for your comments and suggestions likewise, day after day to be improving.