“What a View!”
Review of Hotel Platjador

Hotel Platjador
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Having never stayed at this hotel, I was intrigued by the roof terrace. I so wanted to check out the view so I chanced my arm and asked if I could go up for a drink. The staff could not have been nicer and duly obliged. There was a bar on the top floor, where we ordered our drinks, and the waiter served us at our table. What a fantastic view of the church, beach and sea, we loved it. From there we could get a cheeky glimpse of some of the hotel bedrooms. They had lovely balconies and I'm sure they will be as comfortable as the public areas. May have to make a point of staying there at some point.

Room Tip: You could not beat having a sea view room. I suggest choosing a higher floor only because there is a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words and for posting them on Tripadvisor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is my favourite hotel in Sitges. Friendly staff, great breakfast, good size rooms, excellent pool and outdoor area, and a great sunset viewing deck facing the ocean. The hotel is on the beachfront within easy walking distance to the popular beaches, the promenade and the city centre. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk away from the train station or the MONBUS. This hotel guarantees a pleasant and enjoyable stay in Sitges.

Room Tip: I prefer a room that overlooks the pool as this has a large balcony and is quiet. Very private espec...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pdpcpt

Thank you very much for posting such lovely comments, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We enjoyed your company very much and would love to see you return in the future, take care!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel for the prim location and the absolutely wonderful service. There is a great roof top bar with amazing view, small pool area was clean and fun to hang out at. Will absolutely return.

Room Tip: There are ocean view rooms, I stayed in rear next to small pool area. It was great!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

We would love to have you come and stay with us again, thank you for your compliments and for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

It's our third stay here and every time there has been something new the hotel have thought of to enhance the stay.

This year it was eggs cooked to order at breakfast, lemonade in the afternoon, and cakes and tea in the roof top bar. I have travelled extensively in 5 star hotels and they don't bring off these touches that show the management cares as well as the platja d'or.

The staff are all lovely and welcoming, the beds are first class and the breakfast has some many choices you can eat something different every day of the week.

A great hotel should make you feel happy and welcome - the platja d'or does this brilliantly. I won't stay anywhere else in sitges if they have rooms. And if they don't I will look at their other hotels that are obviously all also run with the same level of care and consideration for their clients.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Newx48
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor, it's certainly appreciated!
We consider ourselves very fortunate for the fact that our guests are invariably very nice people, who deserve to be properly treated, it is very rewarding for us to have guests, such as yourselves, post such lovely opinions of their stay. Thank you

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our holiday was booked here last October and unfortunately at Christmas, my partner had a massive stroke. I left it until May to see how his health would be and decided to go if our friend and carer, could come with us. He could and the hotel was extremely understanding and bent over backwards to find us a room that would accommodate all three of us and be suitable for Rob who is now partially disabled. We had a room on the third floor with access to a walk-in shower (unfortunately, only baths on the first floor) and also was on the pool level. The lift provided access to the 5th floor bar and open terrace.
The hotel is ideally situated for all the beaches and is only 10 meters from the sea wall! It is close to bars, clubs and restaurants and yet perfectly quiet. Breakfast is now until 12-00!! This gives even the hardened night-owls, an opportunity to indulge in the huge range of food and drinks on offer. There is also tea served in the afternoon in the upstairs bar-tea, coffee and a range of pastries and all free! Again, those night-owls can partake in free coffee, tea and sandwiches between the hours of 2-00 until 6-00!
This is a perfect hotel, more suited to adults, whether gay or straight, It's spotlessly kept clean. There is a change of towels twice a day and nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff.
Every year, it just gets better and better. If I couldn't stay here, it just wouldn't seem right.
The 10 euro buffet at the sister hotel, the Galleon, is exceedingly good value. The restaurant, too, in front of the Platjad'or, has a fixed price menu to suit most pallets.
Thank-you all who work there. See you next year!

Room Tip: Over the 20 years we have been coming here, we've always had a pool view as those few rooms over...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the most wonderful review, its hosting people like yourselves, and indeed the vast majority of our guests, that make our job worthwhile!
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I didn't stay in other Sitges hotels, but I guess this is really No.1 hotel, for nobody can deny its superb location within Sitges, scenic landscape, lots of shops, bars and restaurants around, easy access to train station to Barcelona - for that definitely the hotel deserves 5 stars. Although the building is old and small as all buildings around and the rooms are rather small, they managed to make them nice and cosy with many pleasant features like electric kettle with tea and coffee supplies, smart TV set with internet and DVD player, stable free of charge Wi-Fi, excellent queen-size bed with splendid choice of pillows and bed linen, good air-conditioning, nice modern bathroom with rain shower, cheap bottles of water in fridge, efficient maid-service: my cleaning lady spared no efforts to respect my privacy and my way of doing the bed, asking me every time if it was ok, the room and bathroom were just sparkling clean, so I felt there quite homey and cosy. Hotel also provides free room safe, big beach umbrellas and towels for refundable deposits, which was very convinient, pitcher of cold lemonade in the lobby, apples in the pool area, free afternoon tea with backery - this small but very nice things make guests feel special. I liked the stuff very much - friendly and efficient, they did everyting we asked: printed for us train schedules and on-line tickets, explained the directions in Barcelona. And yes, as one reviewer mentioned, there was a new young girl who may be didn't understand English that well, so what - she just started to work and was trying her best and others were teaching her - we asked her to change beach towels - she instead sent us to restaurant, we laughed together and sorted out the matter - no big deal, we all have been there, haven't we? As far as food is concerned - average breakfast, could have been better, the same about restaurant El Rincon - acceptable, but nothing special. I liked much better other places, but I am very picky about my food, and the place was always full and people seemed quite happy. And one more thing - about the pool - I will try to put it politely: noone mentioned it before, but seems that pool is there exclusively for male gay guests - we entered there carelessly and were startled by gay couples cuddling on the sofas and gasing at us with perplexity - felt very awkward! We just snatched apples and ran out. My room was near the pool so I checked up the situation every day through the glass door - the layout was just the same. Overall, it was very good stay, we enjoyed sea and sun and easily commuted to Barcelona and of course, I very much recommend both lovely city of Sitges and Platjador hotel.

Room Tip: Take room with balcony and sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to post it, it's very much appreciated!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Sitges.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

It's hard to know how to rate this hotel, so I'll separate it out: Location: 5 stars. Food: 4 stars. Staff: 3 stars. Rooms: 2 stars.
So I guess if depends on what you are looking for.

The hotel has THE prime location. Right on the beach in the middle of everything. Can't beat it. And the rooftop bar is a great place for a drink as the view is amazing.

The hotel's restaurant is a real hot spot as well. Everyone wants to be there and hear the crash of the waves as they eat and see the people stroll by. Breakfast and dinner were very good and very fun.

The staff seemed to try, but on the first night the girl said she knew nothing about Sitges whatsoever since she was new. I'm sorry, that is simply not good enough. We couldn't get directions to anything. She'd never heard of anything. I'd say the person in that position should be given that information before being put in that spot. We count on the front desk to give us information, especially when there is no concierge, which obviously there isn't.
At least she was nice though, which put her a step up on the woman the next day who was not friendly at all. Also, not so great.

As to the rooms. Well, it's an old hotel, and basically, it looks like one. There was also trash on our balcony when we checked in, so I'm assume cleanup is not too thorough. It was OK for the very reasonable price I guess, but one night there was plenty.

If I had it to do over, I'd just stay at the Alenti the whole time, and then have dinner at the Platjador. Best of both worlds.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mattkorey
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you for your candid comments in regards to your stay. I am somewhat disheartened to hear of your surprise at the negative points. We regret so much that our hotel didn´t be able to get your expectations.