“Stayed here due to great comments”
Review of Hotel Platjador

Hotel Platjador
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our stay was comfortable, but there are a few tips. Parking is difficult. Remain calm and it will all work out. the staff is exceptional, very eager to help.
The food in the restaurant is very good, but the portions are large so be careful.
the wine is good.
The rooftop bar is amazing.
The location is probably the best as it is right on the beach and you can sleep with t he sound of waves.
I wanted to book a second night but they are full.

Room Tip: definitely ask for a balcony facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to post it, it's very much appreciated!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Sitges

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I just arrived at the hotel and after reading all th egood reviews my expectations were high
Blond lady middle age at the front desk is rude and she had other priorities than looking after her clients
When I arrived, she was having a conversation with a colleague and if you expect her to stop to welcome you, you are wrong ! She finshed her conversation and after a while decided to notice me and defenitely not to welcome me
I had to fill in a registration form , gave her a signature on 3 differentes forms, she explained me the rules, and their have a lot of rules believe me......she was not interested, you could tell but gave me all information about the swimming pool, the breakfast , the cleaning hour, the opening time of the restaurant, the discount at the restaurant before and after the rush hours, the welcome drinks and the free tea time, I probably forgot all of them but in case I am missing something she will defenitely tell me that she inform me on arrival

I try to question the process, she couldn't care less and I got a little bite sarcastic, I want a leave the hotel unfortunately I have book for 3 nights via an online agency and I have to stay

I am sure we will do the best from it, avoid her as much as we can

Luckely is only 3 nights and we have made any plan after that , but for sure we would stay there
It is 31 Oct, there are plenty hotels available out there and I am sure the next one can be only better

All those good review can't be based on a real experince...sorry tripadvisor, here is the limit of your service and business

Room Tip: not the 201 small next to the lift next to the staircase, small, noisy and very average It might ha...
1  Thank tck1804

We want to thank you that you have find a while to review our hotel, and as you said that you will stay two days more we hope you give us the chance to change your mind about our hotel , our services and of course our staff.

We sincerely apologize if in any moment the attention given by our staff make you feel not welcoming. We know that our check in procedures are a little bit hard when you come for a long trip and so that our next improvement will be to make a check in express, in order you would have all the information in advance and at your arrival you only have to give us the filled documents and we would give you the keys, but for the moment, unfortunately, we have to do all this tedious process.

For the last years we have directed our property to the customer satisfaction and all the staff is trained for that. You could be sure that if you have missed some of our services any of the people in reception will be pleased to explained any time you would requested.

We want to remarked that despite the check in is at three o´clock, the lady in reception make all the arrangements with the cleaning services to allow you check in earlier, and also when you have a problem with the facilities of the room, she solved so quick moving you to a superior room than the one you have booked.

We hope that your negative assessment of our hotel at your check in becomes in a positive one when you finish your stay with us, and we would like that the beginning don´t prevent you to enjoy our lovely village.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Chose this hotel becuase of the previous reviews and travelling on my own, they did the best price for a single room. My expectations were quite high because of the reviews and very happy that they were met.

The hotel, reception, restaurant, bedrooms, rooftop bar and pool area are light and clean and airy. The breakfast was excellent, with lots of variety, hot and cold, and is great that is from 8am to midday. There is also a complementary teas and pastries service at teatime.

The restaurant does either a set or a la carte menu at night with a reasonable cost, and although I didnt use it, it was always busy.

The view from the rooftop bar is really good (only open to guests of hotel) and the hotel is right on the seafront and very central to everything.

Room Tip: I was in room 201, which was a single room which was quite small but had a double bed that was very...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments. We are very happy that your expectations are met.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

this is our 2nd stay at the hotel and will come back again, great service and very friendly staff, love the late breakfast and rooftop bar with a free drink! very relaxing spa pool area out the back of hotel which is heated and great to chill out at after day on the beach. excellent food in the attached restaurant with a large menu for all tastes. the receptionist's are very friendly and willing to help you with any questions you have as my wife was looking for a shopping mall and the receptionist directed us to the lovely town of villanova. rooms are kept very clean every day. we wouldn't stay in any other hotel while in lovely sitges

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you, for the lovely things you said.
I guess the highest compliment we can be paid as accommodation providers, is to have guests return and enjoy their stay for another time, thank you for that and for your company. Thank you very much.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love this hotel. It is old-fashioned in a good way. Personal, kind service. Lots of paperwork (no lean management here). They take personal care of the customer. The attached restaurant offers outstanding service and well prepared food, but the owner has evidently chosen an inexpensive selection of raw materials including a bad menu-included (3 year old "Rioja") red wine.

Room Tip: Don´t have too high expectations about the food in the restaurant, but you will enjoy it because of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you very much for having found time to write a review of Hotel Platjador of Sitges. Many thanks for your appreciation to the result of the efforts of workers in the Hotel, they worry that everything is to your liking and have a memorable stay in Sitges. Our restaurant policy is to try to prepare affordable good meals, that means working with high quality products affordable to avoid expensive ones. As you say, we get as a result well prepared meals with affordable prices. We though that a "Rioja" from 3 years is a good product.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I don't normally give a review. We are still staying in this hotel while I am writing this. We are at room 210. Everything is perfect when we first checked in and up until tonight when we got back from dinner. We were stopped at the lift when we were about to enter. The receptionist quickly rushed to block us from getting into the lift. He said something in spanish, we said we only understood english. He then asked if we are a guest in this hotel. There was this another couple behind us and he didn't ask them. I just want an explanation why only us? Is it because we are not white? Is it because we are Asian? If this is for security reason, why the receptionist only asked us and humiliated us in front of other guests?

Apart from everything else this hotel is good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Propietario at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments in regards to your stay between us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, but I am somewhat disheartened to hear the negative point. I want to apologise in name of the hotel, and, of course, in name of our employee, because it wasn't the intention to humiliate. Our bar can only be used by the hotel customers. Lots of non-customers want to go to the bar. That's why, our receptionists, when don't know someone, have to ask whether if people going to the bar are customers or not. As you mention, the receptionist didn't know you. He didn't stop you because of the fact that you are Asian but because of what you mention in your comment: he didn't know you. The reason for not asking the customers behind you was because they had been staying for more time and the receptionist knew them.
You mentioned he was rude and that's why we want to apologize once again. Maybe he hadn't enough English skills to express himself the way he'd have liked to.
We would like you to know that I regret so much causing these feelings, and that I sincerely hope that this disagreement hasn't ruined your stay with us and your vacation in Sitges.
Please, do not hesitate to contact the hotel for any further question or suggestion.

Yours sincerely

José Luis Grau Badía
Hotel Platjador owner

Reviewed October 21, 2013

myself and my partner come back here each year for a relaxing break in Sitges. Lovely hotel, very friendly staff, complemetary cava on the rooftop terrace which overlooks the sea, maid service til late in the afternoon, and breakfast til lunchtime. perfect to charge the batteries.... found a home from home, love Sitges, amazing place!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard997
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us, it's really appreciated.
We're very flattered that you ' highly recommended ' us, thank you. We seem to have really terrific people stay here and you are no exception! Kind regards.