Hotel Platjador
Hotel Medium Sitges Park(Sitges)(Great Value!)
$150
$169
$136
Melia.com
  • Pool
Urh Sitges Playa Hotel(Sitges)(Great Value!)
$138
Hotel El Cid(Sitges)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,932 results
All reviewsrooftop barfree tea and pastriesspa poolafternoon teasea viewsea frontfresh lemonadeuntil noonlittle extrashuge bedfifth floorfree glass of cavawelcome drinkfantastic hotelthree staropposite the beachfantastic breakfast
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel right on the beach front. Very comfortable room with an enormous bed. Very welcoming staff, free cava vouchers upon arrival.. very big breakfast with lots of choices, discount for hotel guests at the restaurant. I would definitely recommend it to friends!!

• Stayed: June 2013
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to post it, it's very much appreciated!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Sitges.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had a long weekend here during the May bank holiday with a group of friends.
Have to agree with most reviews,pluses are:
Location,right on the beach with a fantastic view from the roof top bar.
Within easy reach of lots of bars and restaurants.
Close to Barcelona and the train station
Breakfast,really really nice excellent choice and quality as good as I've had in 5* hotels.
Bar,Roof top bar as good a location as you'll find.
Restaurant,never used except for breakfast since there is so much to choose from locally but it was hugely popular with the locals so must be good.
Staff,excellent.

Negatives:
Not much,rooms are pretty small and pool area is in the shade a lot of the day apart from that no complaints.

Sitges itself is obviously known as a gay friendly location but as a group of straight guys I would recommend it to anyone I'll be back sometime with my wife.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PW28603

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I usually stay at the Calipolis Hotel but thought I would give the Platjador a try this year. From the moment I arrived at reception I knew I would be in for a happy and relaxing holiday. Even though my bedroom was not ready the staff made me very welcome and sent me off for a complimentary drink in the roof-top bar. My room was clean, airy and bright and had all the facilities I needed - including a kettle and empty fridge so I could store my own drinks in it without having to move the usual expensive miniature bottles. It also had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! What made the hotel so good though was the staff who were friendly, helpful and always called out a greeting whenever I passed through reception. I had to leave early on my last morning and they arranged for a large plate of warm bread rolls, meats and cheeses to be laid out for me so I did not have to set out to the airport hungry. I am a convert and will be staying at the Platjador from now onwards. All in all the service was excellent - the friendly and welcoming staff make the hotel what it is.

Room Tip: Sea view/balcony rooms are worth having, but the rooms at the back without are still good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments, it is greatly appreciated.
We're also pleased that your holiday in our beautiful country went so well and we were happy to be able to contribute to that. Many thanks for your appreciation to the result of the efforts of workers in the Hotel, they worry that everything is to your liking and have a memorable stay in Sitges.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Friendly and flexible desk people. BIG bed in a relatively small room. Clean and fresh. Our room did not have a balcony but view to boulevard and beach. They have a big warm jaccuzi on first floor with a teras without a bar. The Bar is a nice rooftop bar on the 5th floor. Breakfast inside or outside with views to beach, include cava, fresh fruit, ....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Platjador, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for posting a review, it's really appreciated.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Having stayed at both the El Cid and Galeon many times before, we decided to celebrate a friends special birthday at the more 'grown up' sister of theirs; the Platja D'or. On arrival early in the morning, some of our guests were able to be accommodated straight away, which was great as we could put all of our bags in one room and head straight for the beach. The breakfasts were great with a superb selection and the evening meal offer for guests is certainly great value (the paella for 2 incredibly filling!) The hotel is wonderfully located right on the front and despite this it's not disturbed at all by the passers by at all times of the day. The roof terrace bar is wonderful and peaceful during the day as well as for a pre or post dinner drink or three (really reasonable prices too!!) overlooking the romantically lit church. The spa pool (please note it's not a swimming pool) is very relaxing and quiet in comparison to most pools at other hotels and a great getaway from the busy beaches. There's no shade here though, so you do have to time the pool perching if you want to avoid the direct sun. Perhaps there could be a canopy area for the future?
The staff we'd like to mention and thank most of all are Eva, for always putting up with my questions with a smile and nothing was ever a problem, including finding rooms for some of our friends who were stranded for several days after the French Air Traffic Control strikes, Joëlle for always remembering our room number and even recognising and chatting with us when she was out and about in town (off duty) and to cute Toni who was our charming gentleman of the night staff who had a wink and a smile at any time of the day. Having now stayed at all 3 of the Hotel Sitges Group hotels, we can certainly state that while all of them have their unique and diverse bonus points, the Platja D'or definitely has the best staff. Thank you to them personally.
In summary, although this hotel is the more expensive of the group, it is still great value for money with the little extras you get; some examples are a beach towel and parasol hire throughout your stay for a €15 refundable deposit, bottled water in the rooms refrigerator for 30cents each and complimentary afternoon tea and cakes between 5 & 6pm. Wonderful additions to make your stay even easier! Don't hesitate and book straight away!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PeterandRyan

Wow, thank you for your review and wonderful comments we're very appreciative. Many thanks for your appreciation to the result of the efforts of workers in the Hotel, they worry that everything is to your liking and have a memorable stay in Sitges. Its hosting people like yourselves, and indeed the vast majority of our guests, that make our job worthwhile!
Thank you for staying with us.