“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Sitges
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd time staying at Hotel Subur, it's a great location, opposite the beach, basic rooms, very clean and tidy and all you need for your holiday. Very close to bars and restaurants, but very quiet! Rene is amazing behind reception, any request dealt with to great satisfaction. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Stevebattersea,

Thank you for write your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments (thank you for your nice comments about Rene). By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. I hope that you will enjoy again in your next stay in Sitges the 4th reservation with us!

Grup M.A. S.L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sitges, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Subur and the first thing to make clear is that this is not to be confused with Subur maritime of the best western group.
The first thing it has going for it is the location which couldn't be more perfect but still a quiet distance away from the hum drum of the main street although running parallel to it. This is a professional hotel; I stayed 29/5/13 to 2/6/13.
I found the double room I booked spacious and the bed very comfortable, there is also free wifi but you have to pay for a safe in your room 3 euro per day which I feel is excessive how ever you can leave your values in the reception safe for nothing, which is what I did but it is inconvenient. Its also worth noting from there card that valuable are only cover in there reception safe!
Whilst i was very happy there and the room was made up every day even thought i didn't rise before 11am on any day and some times later, well it was a holiday after all, the room was made and cleaned. On a down point i did note that the floors were not moped and there was not mop bucket with the household staff when i passed them the odd morning, but i am not beyond running a wet towel over it myself especial for the price i got it for. I did find the household staff approachable and pleasant however the reception staff seem very unhappy and some what stressed I would hate to think that people were not being treated well. Although in my dealing with them they were professional and helpful. There was an issue when the person I would staying with and arrive late at night after 11pm and couldn't be put through to my room phone resulting in them having to spend time at a bus stop with drunks until they eventually got through and I could go and collect them this I felt was very disappointing and could have had a serious consequence but thankfully all was fine except for an ear bashing.
This is a nice hotel and one that had an undeserved bad reputation from what i found on line about it, in fact i would never of stayed here only that a friend stayed here and I got the opportunity to see the hotel once and new it was ok. I would have given the four stars if the cleaning and phone incident didn't happen but i would let it influencing me booking it again.
PS: breakfast at 9 euro is a bit expensive for residence. but nice to see a hotel offer and iron to iron clothes rather than referring to there laundry service

Room Tip: ask for a window room away from lift and household staff area. Balcony to the front is nice but was...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear SpainDunto,

Thank you for write your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments specially because you’ve read other guest comments in this website and you could compare! By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you for your nice comments regarding the location, room and staff service. We would like to apologise for the problem with the phone.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. I hope that you will enjoy again in your next stay in Sitges with us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The day Before arriving to Hotel Subur, we were staying in Barcelona, I emailed the Hotel as I realised the room I had booked was a standard double (nothing higher was available through agent) and asked if there was a possibility of an upgrade (I wasn't looking for a free upgrade) unfortunately I didn't get a response. It is easy to get to the hotel from Barcelona by train, any R2 renfe train stops at sitges and takes only 45 minutes. The walk to the hotel from sitges train station is a short distance approx 10 minutes or less. The hotel is situated on a corner street in the hustle and bustle of the town. The beach is directly opposite, it is a busy area for traffic and people so some noise is obviously expected although we havent noticed much noise other than the adorable monk parakeets and other birds. Originally the room we were given was way too small for the amount of time we are staying here (we don't leave until Sunday) I am not at all fussy about most things, cheap cheerful and basic but i was claustrophobic, for a 2 week stay? no. When I asked at the desk if it would be possible to upgrade, there was no availability. The safe is a key safe and not code and has to be rented at a pricey €3 per day. The shower has a mind of its own, it will scald you at some time or other so don't get directly under it. This review is rewritten after asking trip advisor to remove the last one as some issues were resolved after posting my last review. We were moved to a larger room which suits for the length of stay (the shower will still scald you)Some of the rooms apparently have fridges, both the rooms we stayed in didn't which can be a pain when trying to keep minerals and stuff cool, I just keep asking for buckets of ice which is not ideal so maybe request at time of booking. The cleaners are very polite and the rooms are done daily if you wish. The hotel location is very good, close to many bars, restaurants shops. Close to the train station which is great for trips to places like Barcelona zoo - 45mins, Salou - 1hr. The bar belonging to the hotel is a sports bar, the food is reasonable in price and although I wasn't impressed, due to the reheated rubber fries,my husband enjoyed his dish and the chicken wings were good. There is wi-fi in all of the rooms although the further down the corridor you are the weaker the signal. Would I stay here again? I'm not sure.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chriswild31
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Chriswild31,

Thank you for share your opinion about your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to know the main problems were resolved after your first review. Your feedback is very important to us and we value it. By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future. We'll take note about your comments regarding the temperature of the water in order to offer best experiences to our guests in the future and improve our facilities.

Thank you again for taking the time to write in Tripadvisor. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The actual hotel, the price you pay and the room you get are good. Hotel staff are friendly and the location is ideal being right on the beach.

Whats not ideal is:-

The single glaze windows
The people in the bar below
The staff putting chairs and tables away at end of night
The road sweepers
The drunk people
The bin men

Watch the showers in the bathroom and co-ordinate water usage with your room neighbors. One false move and your burnt alive or frozen to death.

Other than the above the rooms we all had were clean, fridge, tv and comfy beds.

Room Tip: as far back from the main road as possible and the highest floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MarkEsq,

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We’ll take note about every one of commented points in order to take measures to solve the incidences.

Again, If we can provide you any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail.

Grup M.A. S.L.

Travelers are raving about these Sitges hotels

Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Located a short (~45 min) and convenient train ride (~10 minute walk from hotel to station) from Las Ramblas in Barcelona. The hotel is directly on the boulevard (Passeig Ribera) which runs along the beach so you are just a few steps away from relaxing on the sand. My wife and I stayed in a room which was not facing the beach and on the 4th floor. The room was relatively quiet, clean and spacious with a double bed, sitting chair, desk/TV, and closet. The bathroom was adequate and, most importantly, clean. The furnishings were adequate and functional (i.e., plastic sitting chair). All comments are relative to the price paid. In the end, yes I would certainly stay here again. I felt it was a very good value, good location, good accommodations and very friendly staff.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Tim N,

Thank you for write your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments. By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you for your nice comments regarding the room, cleanliness and our Staff.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend at the end of April. Good quality rooms and facilities for the price charged, really impressed by maid service and reception staff - very good standard of service. Only down side of review would be the noise insulation of some of the rooms - top tip is to try and avoid being allocated a room that opens onto the stairway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift/stairs
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Cjayn,

Thank you for write your opinion about your stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments. By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you for your nice comments about our Maid service and Frontdesk Staff. We'll take note about your tips regarding noise insulation in order to offer best experiences to our guests in the future and improve our facilities.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location and value for money... Hotel recently had a new lick of paint so all clean and of a good standard... Definitely will stay here again.... Friendly staff.... Sports bar located below the hotel with good food for a good price... Is not too expensive.... Rooms cleaned daily with towel changes.... Great all round stay in a stunning town...

Room Tip: Its worth paying the extra for the superior room... With 3 patio doors for all views....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Krismac73,

Thank you for share your experience about your stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments. By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you for your nice comments about our Staff and Sports BAR.