“best value for money hotel in sitges”
Review of Hotel MIM Sitges

Hotel MIM Sitges
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Having stayed in several hotels in Sitges both as a paying guest and a late night visitor, I believe this is by far superior to the rest.
Okay its more expensive but when you compare it to other hotels in Sitges, there is no real comparison.
The foyer is well above average in appearance. It is bright, there is plenty of seating area and immaculately clean.
At check in and throughout my stay, all the staff were helpful, polite and attentive.
I had a room at the side of the hotel. I would describe it as free flowing/open plan, tastefully decorated, modern and clean. The bathroom houses a walk in shower, separate toilet and twin wash basins. The toilet door could do with a more sound proof door being installed. I am sure very few people want to hear toilet noises regardless of how avant-guard one is. However the beds are extremely comfortable, whether you are on top of them or between the sheets. The aircon is extremely quiet albeit a little difficult to use.
At breakfast you can sit in or outside.The selection is a huge and good quality. Choose from eggs and bacon, hams, cheeses, cereal, fresh fruit, plenty of various breads and jams, decent coffee and tea.
I ate in the downstairs restaurant twice, both times no complaints, service good, food well presented, good quality and value, nice surroundings.

On the roof is the Sky Bar with small pool, bar and restaurant. A thick glass wall surrounds the perimeter allowing the sights to be almost panoramic. The Calipolis Hotel get in the way of a truly spectacular sea view. You can sit during the day, eating, drinking or just taking in the sun. At night it becomes very popular to both resident and non residents. Annoyingly the sky bar on both saturday nights i stayed there were unavailable from 6 in the evening onwards, because wedding receptions were booked. Found this totally unacceptable and let reception know how i felt. Later that evening reception phoned to say they would waive my 6 o'clock late check-out fee, i guess a small gesture of good will.
I did't use the gym or spa area.

The only thing that i found annoying was the sky bar being closed to residents on the Saturday nights. Although this will not put me off booking here again. My opinion is that the Sofia Hotel is quite a way in front of the rest of the hotels in Sitges. The only other hotel that come close is the platja dor.

hope this is of use.

Room Tip: my room 312... no complaints about it
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yep y
Gemma G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel MIM Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

We appreciate the comments received and we will share them with the rest of the team to continue to offer the best service.
We are sorry for the inconvenience related with the Sky Bar, we will coordinate better in the future with the Sky Bar Staff to have more tables available for hotel guests.

There are newer reviews for Hotel MIM Sitges

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a very modern hotel and a stay is recommended ( if you can get a decent price ) but it has a few minor but annoying issues to resolve:

1) the Skybar is good though service in the evening is ultra slow, but the views pass the time of day - major issue however is the hotel renting out the entire Skybar for functions ( in our week 3 nights) with it then being out of bounds to paying residents - never ever known residents to be put out like this and it didn't go down too well. There is a nice modern small pool and during our stay one chap didn't see the pool in the evening and whilst appreciating the sky line just walked into the pool - people didn't laugh I think they just thanked god it wasn't them. Then they turned the pool lights on!

2) the lifts - have a mind of their own. Take an eternity, go in opposite direction to your request, take literally forever to open once arrived, and physically close on you entering/leaving - never known lifts to have such issues, it's as though they are trying to wind you up. After first couple of times it gets annoying.

3) bathroom - very odd arrangement being very open and modern. Fine for couples but for just friends or those not too intimate probably a bit disconcerting - no overall door into bathroom area and you can see in/out of bathroom from bed. Also needs better sound insulation! The one aspect they could easily attend to is the lack of a soap holder or a shelf in the shower. Modern is good and for the agile I suppose having to keep soap and shampoo on the floor is fine (as there's nowhere else) but for those a bit older or tired or hungover or who need glasses having to bend down to find your soap is poor. And whilst I mention soap, bring your own, the hotel's soap and shampoo is useless - it doesn't lather, suggest you don't even bother. Strange sink arrangements too, almost wood like, not sure how long these will last (or floor or carpets come to think of it)

4) breakfast is good - only niggle would be the hot food containers. The fried eggs are fine as the lid pivots, but the bacon lid comes off so the first time you use it you naturally lift the lid only to realise with a plate in the other hand, you need another hand to grab the food. Anyway minor inconvenience and once everyone makes same initial mistake you know it does actually does pivot in a rather precarious manner. You'd think they'd just buy a proper unit.

5) front rotating door - this must be a close friend of the lift, with it's own mind. It sets off as you approach almost to stop you entering. Once in it we did see one old chap walk into the side panel thinking it was the exit and had to sit down and be tended to be staff due to head impact.

6) bedroom windows don't open - the air conditioning is run by super computer and takes quite some time to have any effect regardless of setting. It's so quiet you don't actually know if it's working. So you think hot room lets open a window but no you need to go to reception to get a lever to open.

But it is a very good hotel overall - just perhaps too modern for its own good ( the computers in the lifts, doors and air con may actually one day attempt a coup! )

Free wifi has excellent coverage!

Staff are very good.

Worth a stay though just to have a battle with the lifts - balance is good if you get a good price - not at standard price though.

Most of the above is easily remedied with a bit of thought.

Enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank John I
Gemma G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel MIM Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

We thank you for the confidence you have placed in the Avenida Sofia Hotel & Spa and we are pleased to know your stay has fulfilled all your expectations. Your comments make us aware of aspects we must improve and we thank you for this useful opportunity.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'll keep it brief and cite three issues I had:

-1- I was sitting in my room the 2nd afternoon, and all of a sudden, a male hotel worker (i.e., not a cleaning lady) walks into the room, without knocking. He immediately says, "Disculpa!" and walks out. If you think that's crazy, five minutes later, ANOTHER man walks into my room, also without knocking, says "Perdoneme", and then walks out. I was in absolute shock. I immediately called down to the front desk to tell them what had happened. Even if it was an honest mistake and they didn't know the room was occupied, how on earth could they not at least knock before entering?
-2- At breakfast, I went to get a plate in order to serve myself at the buffet. I looked at the stack of plates and set aside the first one because there were obvious food remnants on it because of improper washing. I did the same for the 2nd one, and then the 3rd one. I forget if it was the fourth or fifth plate that actually looked clean.
-3- I asked at time of booking (in Spanish) for a quiet room. The day before arrival, I emailed the hotel (again, in Spanish), saying I would be arriving late and to please reserve me a quiet room. I showed up and am presented a room on the first floor. I mentioned to front desk that I had requested a quiet room, and they said it would be, even on the first floor. You know the rest of the story. I moved the next day to a new room on a higher floor, but the new room was louder because it was located on the noisier side of the property.

For 180 Euros a night, you can do better than this.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank uluvbs
José Miguel T, Manager at Hotel MIM Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear guest, It's really sad to read comments like yours. I have just joined the hotel as hotel manager and I can assure that situations like the one you lived will no be accepted. I hope that if you ever can back to Sitges stay again to see the changes. Best regards from Sitges

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel looks fantastic but has no balconies so if somebody smokes long way down to smoke. If your room is on a high floor expect some noise from the roof party each night. Had a few problems with door locks and missing safe but was all put right by the helpful staff no shelving in shower and hanging rail missing in wardrobe. I had booked a twin as no doubles were available but we just got two singles pushed together not even zipped together.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Anthonytindall

We thank you for the confidence you have placed in the Avenida Sofia Hotel & Spa. Your comments make us aware of aspects we must improve and we thank you for this useful opportunity.

We will take note of the details you mentioned in order to continue giving a better service.

We hope to welcome you back again in Avenida Sofía Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I liked absolutely everything about this hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room we have stayed in was very spacious and very quiet which is quite hard to achieve in this location. The bar and pool on the 7th floor are spectacular. The maid service was always very discreet and done the second we left the room. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest to choose the mountains view rooms. They are very quiet as situated by a very small...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael L

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff is excellent! Attentive, sweet, polite always with a smile. I could say that for most spaniards. The rooftop terrace is the place to have your evening cocktail. The view is spectacular! Had the best therapeutic massage at the spa!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Triftis

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just reporting on the Sky Bar experience. We all know the hotel entrance and lobby are very tasteful and elegant. All the more sad that the roof top bar should be such a rotten experience. We had been warned that the service was slow, however this was not the case when we visited. With a clear view of the bar, we noticed that drinks were poured using UK style spirit measures. Our tiny Martini rojos were loaded with a huge amount of ice to make it look big. At the point of delivery, we were given the bill in a small tumbler and asked to pay immediately. Not a nut, crisp or olive in sight considering the price. This is the norm, we were told, for customers not eating. Considering we were at the far end of the terrace from the bar, I don't think many folk would have legged it without paying. Not what you would expect from for a 4.5 star hotel.

The views make up for the disappointment, by people should take care not to slip into the splash pool. Won't be returning, I'm afraid. Not even the busiest terrace make their customers pay when the drinks arrive !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear customer, I'm terribly sorry for what you comment you did experience last summer in our Sky Bar. Situations like those you have commented are not what the management of this hotels wants for our guest and customers. I hope you will give us another chance to see the improvements and measurements taken to avoid complaints like yours. Best regards