“Excellent location and great terraces.”
Review of Hotel Calipolis

Hotel Calipolis
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We just stayed here for four nights and booked directly with the hotel. Having been to Sitges before we knew there were no 5* hotels in the city and our expectations were not terribly high. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. Our "standard sea view room with terrace" was nice and well-maintained; the balcony was very large with great views (8th floor); and the breakfast was good and quite extensive. The air conditioning also worked well (not always the case in Spain) and house keeping was fine (once a day). Although previous reviewers note that the front desk staff does not speak English, we found that not to be true. All staff we had contact with were for the most part very helpful. It would be great if the bartenders actually walked through the pool area asking guests for drink orders rather than making guests walk up to the bar. Certainly a lost revenue stream opportunity overlooked by hotel management. Outside of breakfast, we ate at the hotel once near the small pool. I ordered a hamburger and the quality of the meat was poor. After that experience, we thought it best only to eat breakfast at the hotel. We would definitely stay here again. Good value for money.

1  Thank Marseus

Reviewed July 14, 2013

just back from nine nights at the hotel and couldnt fault anything room was fantastic great service and overall a great experience and we will definately return.the hotel does get some bad reviews bit we have stayed 7 times now and in the last 5 years they have really upped their game,the hotel has gone through a refurbishment programme and now also has a small pool and sunbathing area as well as restaurant and outdoor bar area and night club.
i would recommend this hotel to anyone holidaying in Sitges.

2  Thank ronnie308
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This has one of the best location in Sitges!
The breakfest its nice. Its a busy hotel with friendly people working at the front desk.
Its not only a hotel for people on holiday. Its also a conference and business hotel.

Room Tip: A room with a sea wiev its a must.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jamo1968
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This Hotel on the beach promenade of Sitges is very well located but, it is lacking of atmosphere. This is more of a business and conference hotel than a nice romantic holiday hotel. However, if you have a room with sea view and baclony, it is worth it. Rooms are clean and teh staff are professional. One negative thing is that it can be noisy, as the hotel is located at the busy beach promenade, which also is a street for cars.

Room Tip: Room with balcony and seaview is a must at this hotel. Preferably ask for a room on the side of ...
1  Thank Kirienesral
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived early and they offered to hold our luggage until the rooms were ready. I was traveling with friends and together we occupied 4 rooms. Two ocean view rooms and two mountain rooms. I am not sure why but the mountain rooms paid more that the ocean view rooms. The hotel and rooms were clean and modern. The Hotel is nicely located and an easy walk to everything. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and always available. The only downside is the poor sound proofing. I could hear every foot step my neighbors upstairs took and every word in the next room. Including his snoring! It's a party town so I was bothered because I was out late every night and passed out when I came back to my room. Light sleepers my have issues with this one. Excellent breakfast buffet with great coffee/Espresso and and reasonably price. I was very happy with the Hotel and I will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I spent a marvelous night in Sitges for my brother's wedding and stayed at the Hotel Calipolis. Not only is the hotel right in the middle of the action, everything you could ever want is within a short walk of the hotel. The hotel staff does not speak English, but are marvelous fun to play charades with and appreciated my horrible attempts at Catalan with the help of my dictionary.
We got a gorgeous room with a view of the sea and despite the fact that a couple of the amenities gave me pause, I found that it provided everything I needed for a day at the beach, some serious pre-wedding primping and a soft place to land after dancing all night long at the wedding.

My only complaint? There was a little sand on the floor, but with a view like that I hardly cared. I'd go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vegasscot
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Did some research on this site and over all the reviews were above average. When I checked in at 2pm this gentleman was standing next to me complaining to the clerk behind the desk about asking him to come back for the third time for his room. I was early and my room was ready. He probably had another type of room and he was asked to wait two hours and he came back and asked to come back another hour then ask AGAIN to come back another hour. He said this is rubbish because they should let me know ahead if it took that long, i agreed. Obviously the supervisor behind the desk told the clerk in Spanish to upgrade the room so the man finally got it. I would be irrigated if I was in the same situation.

Room wise, it is clean and simple, nothing fancy except there is a leak in the toilet tank and it was making dripping noise all night. I didn't bother to ask to check the room because I know the hotel was fully book.

Breakfast is nice, sparking wine all you can drink along with white and red. Nice way to start the morning, isn't it?

Walking distance to town and convenient located. The beach is across the street and reviews are right about if you could, get the room with the balcony.

Would I recommend it? I would say yes. It is not expensive and I would stay there again with the balcony room next time.

Staffs - Just read the latest review "dreadful experience" and if I were the reviewer I would be pissed too.

Oh, it's got a pool and the size is decent. At least it's got one.

Everyone's experience is different so it is up to you to judge after reading reviews and make your own judgement.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo