“Gem of a restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
chicago
“Gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My partner and I were looking for a quaint place with lots of ambience and good food. We happened onto this restaurant opened since July 2011 and could not be more pleased. From the moment we were seated Laurent, our waiter and one of the owners, could not have been more welcoming or hospitable. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and you trully feel like you are in a charming French bistro. We spoke to Larent a bit and he told us the place had been a garage which gave them carte blanch to create the restaurant they envisioned. The food was spectacular. I had the foie appetizer and my partner had an amazing mushroom cream soup. We shared a Paella for the main course which was also fantastic. Great little wine selection and the sangria was the best I had in 3 wks in Spain. Today is New Year's eve and we plan on going back to ring in 2012 with them. If you are in Sitges right now, run to this place before the word gets out.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank cubella59

London, United Kingdom
“Great venue , good service, forgettable food.”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This venue was new to me and I was attracted by the very pleasant decoration and way the restaurant was laid out. We were also approached almost immediately by a very pleasant waiter.
We sat outside as it was a very balmy evening and then ordered our food. i ordered a mixed salad to start as i thought it would be quite special due to its cost and the look of the restaurant but i was very disappointing it really was bland with mainly lettuce making up the bulk of the dish. To follow i ordered veal, cooked medium. I received two small steaks one of which was divine the other inedible, raw and very tough.
We decided to skip desert based on what we had received.
The food does not live up to the look and feel of the restaurant and would not return especially as it was fairly expensive and there is so much choice on offer in the resort.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Jonny97
West Caldwell, NJ
“Fantastic and Delightful”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I, along with another couple were wandering the boulevard along the beach in Sitges looking for a mid day meal. Most of the resturants were busy and offered a price fix menu. Many looked attractive but we were drawn to the beautiful large-leaf plants of an unoccupied L'Ambassade. Well, from the moment we were seated by one of the owners we were in heaven. Our waiter, one of the owners, was extremely charming and pleasant. His English was minimal but we were able to communicate fine between Spanish, French and English. Two of us had the mushroom risotto special which was hands-down the best risotto I have ever had. My husband had the Paella, and said it was phenomenal and the rice was a genuine saffron. My other friend had Beef Bourginion with baked apples. She said it was fabulous. Our salads, appetizers, desserts and coffees were equally fantastic. We were in Spain for 2 weeks and this was by far the best meal we ate. The atmosphere was different, yet very, very charming. The service was fantastic and my tummy is still smiling almost a week later!

This place is a MUST. And, by the way, the prices were in line with any of the other resturants in the area and which we patronized during our long visit to Spain.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank crizzolo
Antwerp, Belgium
“a wonderfull new restaurant”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We've been spending holidays in Sitges on a regular bases and each time like to check out new restaurants. We checked out l'ambassade on our last visit in august. L'ambassade is a wonderfull new restaurant. The owners are very friendly and the restaurant is designed with a lot of taste. It shows that it is not their first restaurant and that they have the necessary experience to make l'ambassade a "must do" on your restaurant list when you visit Sitges.
About the food I can be quite brief: it was great. They clearly have a cook who likes what he does and is quite good at it. The thing, though, I will remember most from our wonderfull evening at l'ambassade, was our red wine. The maitre advised us on our choice and without exageration, it's the best red spanish wine we've ever tasted. Not only was the wine excellent but it was served on the right temperature. A beautiful illustration on the eye for detail & excellent service in this great new restaurant.
When in Sitges: go check out l'ambassade !

Visited August 2011