“Disappointing and Unhygenic”

Cuisines: Asian
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and Unhygenic”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have eaten here once before about 5 years ago and found the food to be perfectly acceptable, hence the repeat visit. Unfortunately this time around I was less than impressed.

I appreciate that you get what you pay for, however when we visited, they still had the special rate buffet sign outside at what would have been a reasonable cost. Instead, we were charged a rate comparable to dining in a local restaurant with a far more accomplished style of cooking.

Cost to one side, the food itself, whilst looking presentable, was incredibly salty. Virtually every main dish was on the verge of being inedible due to the vast quantities of salt. The starters, however, didn't seem to suffer this fate and were actually fairly palatable.

As for the restaurant itself, it is nothing special, but neither would you expect it to be for the advertised price. I was however disgusted by the state of the bathroom which unfortunately I used after eating. Had I have ventured into the bathroom prior to sitting at the table, I would have refused to eat here as it had clearly not been cleaned thoroughly for some time and was also doubling up as a store room!

Worse still, there was no proper hand washing facilities with soap, hot water and hand towels which for a food establishment belies belief and is indicative of the overall standard of hygiene for these premises.

While I cannot categorically say that this restaurant was to blame, I did suffer from an upset stomach the following day; something which fortunately I have never suffered from on my previous travels abroad.

If you enjoy over-priced, over-salted food in unhygienic settings, then this is the place for you!

1 Thank Wycombe-Simon

“Great price with great food ! Fresh and large selection and friendly!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Went there last night after disappointed pricy restaurant in Sitges! Most of the restaurant aren't cheap in Sitges, a proper dinner costs you around 30-50€ ( with alcohol beverages )
Was still slightly hunger then found this amazing place , was going to order just some gambas then the friendly staff recommended buffet for 9,80€ !!??
Due to small hunger I choose just fresh gambas and salmon with squid and shells, let the chef cooking in front of your eyes ! Amazing amazing amazing ! Like this portion of sea food mixed plate costs you at least 25-40 € in other Spanish restaurant in Sitges but here is all you can eat ! Plus actually lots of other style dishes such as sushi or Thai or Chinese food , also have desert and ice cream and fruits and salat !
How can people complain ? I really wonder ! Will surely go there the next days every night ! Plus the staff are so friendly and cheerful ! Really recommended !!

• Visited October 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“As we expected”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

A chinese/japanise/thai(?) buffet with a very large selection for 8,90 or so euros. A clean place and a very friendly staff. We were travelling with small children and our 2-year-old really got special attention (although her food was free of charge). We were there a little early (12.30) and there was only one other tourist couple. It was a hot day and the coolers were a bit so and so - so we skipped the sushi and other raw fish, just in case. There was a table where one could choose fish, meat and vegetables "para la plancha" or "para wok" and the cook (or in my case, three cooks took turns) would prepare the food in front of your eyes.The food was mediocre. I wouldn't plan ahead to come here but it worked in our situation, where we didn't have time to wait.

Isle Of Wight
“Suprised by some reviews”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My mother loves Chinese style food so we visit here several times during our stay each September/ October and have nothing but praise for this restaurant. It's certainly far better than most Spanish attempts at Chinese style food. I always get the chef to cook my order from the fresh food bar and have never been disappointed. I am suprised by some of the non english reviews. But I have never been during the height of the season so maybe the service/food is of a lesser standard than we always experience.

Isle Of Wight
“Excellent value”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Really friendly chinese restaurant offering a large ready cooked buffet selection plus a fresh meat and fish bar where you choose your items and the chef cooks to your orders. Can't really beat this at just €9.95 each + tax ( €12.95 weekends and festivals). They make a pretty tasty sangria too!!

• Visited September 2012