“Three visits in a week.”

Restaurante La Santa Maria
Ranked #246 of 449 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here three times. Busy restaurant but service and food pretty good. Chicken and cold, paella and lamb chops. Third time was to edcst a thunderstorm. The waiters copped well especially as it was also a festival night.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,498)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ate here 3 times on our last visit to Sitges and loved it.

I had the seafood kebab each time and it was huge! Prawns, scallops, cod etc on two sticks, with potatoes and some tomatoes. Gorgeous.

We also shared the padron peppers, calamari.

Wine is reasonably priced too.

Get a table with Said, as he'll look after you. And in high season you need to get in by 730pm or you'll be in for a wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was headed for a restaurant down the street a few nights ago, and this place caught my attention. The ooutdoor terrace was packed, but they found me a table. The service was adequate considering how crowded it was. But the food was a huge disappointment. I ordered the fish/seafood soup as a starter. It had plenty of small pieces of seafood in it, but the broth was totally bland and non-discrept, and compared to an absolutely delicious seafood bisque I had had a few nights prior in Barcelona, it left much to be desired. I had the mixed seafood paella as a main, and while it was a generous portion, loaded with small bits of seafod, it was extremely salty, that was the overall taste-salt, and in retrospect, I should have sent it back. I had a couple outstanding dinners during my stay in Sitges, but unfortunately this was my last night there, and it ended my dining experience in this beautiful town on a real down note. Obviously, some have had a better experience here than mine, but rest assured, I will return to Sitges, but not to this restaurant.

1  Thank MurrayS144
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice location to people watch. Friendly staff and an extensive food / drink list. Traditional Spanish menu and had a good paella. This is a Spanish restaurant and not all the waiters speak good English so sometimes there is a communication issue.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant screams Spain at you all the local delicacies are available here from paella to local deserts .
The wine list is like a what’s what in Spanish wine .
On sea front so good for people watching.
It’s mid price so there’s something to suit all budgets

Date of visit: August 2019