“Riviera seafront - what you'd expect”
Review of La Santa Maria

La Santa Maria
Ranked #162 of 391 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Obviously aimed at tourists and as long as you go along in the expectation that the main appeal is the location (on the seafront at Sitges) then you won't be disappointed. Plusses - the staff were friendly, my food was OK, and for the location it isn't too pricey. But most of the rest of the other meals were overcooked, and the menu was unexciting.

If you're after a good restaurant meal, rather than just a meal on the front, go elsewhere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been to Sitges many times and first went to this restaurant in 1995. The whole experience then was a a lot better than my visit tonight. The location is great but that is about it. I will start at the beginning. I waited to be shown to a table and approached one of the waiters. For some reason this was not his job and I had to wait to be shown to my table by another waiter. I arrived alone to dine at 8.30 pm. The menus were brought to the table then there was a gap of about 15 to 20 minutes before my order was taken. The order was taken by another waiter who did not really engage with me and committed my order to memory instead of writing it down. This is something I hate. The first course then took another 20 minutes to arrive and it was only a salad. The next course of steak did not take quite as long to arrive. The steak was thin and not a thick piece of sirloin I am used to. They did not even bother to ask how I wanted it cooked. When the steak arrived I asked for another beer. This never arrived. The sweet and coffee arrived in reasonable time and so did the bill! I was so annoyed by the indifferent service and the average food that I did not leave a tip. A tip has to be earned and they certainly did not deserve one. In all a great disappointment for a restaurant that looks great from the street but it a complete let down once you sit down. I recommend you to avoid this restaurant. I do not recognise the other reviews that praise this place.They must have been eating at a different restaurant. I eventually left at around 10pm. 2 hours for one person and a relatively modest meal!

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We are from Barcelona and came to spend the day in Sitges.

This is the worst value for your money.
First and most importantly, the service is not terrible it's worse then terrible. I've never had such a bad service. Never coming back for sure.

The food was pretty poor and the service again was soooo baaad.
They basically kicked us out because they wanted to close ans clean up and go home.
Everything was horrible.

The paella was not good. Too much Azafran. Not the real paella. The fideua was not good at all either. Nothing worth while in this restaurant!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T EVER GO!!!!

2  Thank Maya N
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have visited this restauranr many times now, from 2008 to now. Last time we went there with two families. Like always we enjoyed the good food and nice atmosphere. I can recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

It's been a few years since I was last here but I have to say it was all very good. Soup to start even though it was 28 degrees then both had sirloin steak with black pepper corn sauce followed by cappuccino. No complaints from us! We arrived around 8.30 and it was pretty rammed, got a table but shortly after there were lengthy ques! Enjoy!!