“Atmospheric and Romantic”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had another excellent meal at the Alfresco. Romantic setting in an open courtyard (some tables are inside, but try for the open air tables in summer), attentive service, expensive but worth it. Inventive menu with some interesting dishes (try the duck with tempura vegetables). Good wine list. Will return again on our next visit to Sitges.

There are newer reviews for Alfresco

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have eaten so many fabulous meals in Spain but this was by far the best. The burata and tomatoes were exquisite and the duck was divine. The ambiance so romantic and the service perfect. I wish I had another night in Sitges so I could go back but tomorrow we return to San Francisco (where we have great restaurants -- so you know you can trust this review

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I can't remember how long ago it was when we first discovered this place, but it still remains magical. Usually the only place in Sitges we are anxious enough to get to that we make reservations a week or so ahead. More pricey than many but worth it for the food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I have really pondered overwriting this review as there were so many wonderful parts of this meal and so many totally unacceptable parts.
Ok the food really was totally delicious in every way. Beef fillet cut like butter and Indian Curry was sublime.
However getting to this point was really excruciating. We were seated and left and ignored and left until I had to ask for water and menus. I understand Spain is 'laid back' but come on.... Out wine was poured so aggressively the waiter spilled more than put into our grass. We were drinking decent wine!!! That really annoyed me!
You know as I write this I am balancing up the good from the bad and I really don't think I would return here. You are paying decent prices for everything you get! The bread is put on your table without you asking for it and you are charged €2 a small roll! We were also charged for an extra glass of wine and desert wine....
A think with a little more care and attention to your most important person (the customer) this restaurant would be alot
different!

2  Thank Cherryville
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Still one of the best, in Sitges.
Food great, service excellent, menu simple and varied. High quality and well presented, good for couple and also small groups. Always ask for garden courtyard tables.
Only complaint? That again, like other venues, the set menu of last year has disappeared and prices seem to have crept up...
Worth a visit!