“It has everything but just lacks something”
Review of Zanzibar Sitges - CLOSED

Zanzibar Sitges
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Location was very good beside waterfront & church. Calamari starter was exceptional. Knowledge on wine was poor. Main course not so good. I would say that is why this place was empty and Fragata next door was rammed. This restaurant could be good as it ticks almost all the boxes. A wine course and attention to detail on the mains could turn this empty restaurant around.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great service but the food was slightly disappointing compared to other restaurants close by. The lady that served us was wonderful, very friendly and attentive. Sadly, the food and more importantly, the toilets did not live up to it. Somebody needs to clean the toilet which I honestly believe is a reflection of a good restaurant. Shame.

1  Thank Mayfair999
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Setting is great, service too, but value it is not, and really, if you enjoy your food, this is pretty average. The amount of salt is barbaric. I'm not a fan but then it is just overwhelming.

If you do go, keep it simple.

I had the runs the day after which I attribute to Zanzibar but I cannot be sure. Would not return.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Located by the marina, Zanzibar is situated alongside several other more 'upmarket' restaurants in Sitges. Apart from the location and to an extent the decor, there isn't too much more upmarket about this place other than the prices.

The nut encrusted tuna was pretty bland and my wife's steak was over-cooked and a poor cut in general. Service was adequate but nothing special. Wine just ok. The most expensive meal we had in the town.

In all, this place promises more than it can deliver.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We had an early dinner here with out daughter. The waiting staff was exceptionally friendly, the food was awesome, I enjoyed a Chicken Thai Curry, perfectly dosed curry, not too spicy that you can't taste anything.

My wife had the sea bass fillet which was great which was not 100% Descaled so the pedantic
Ones might want another dish.

There were only two miscues on what was otherwise a very pleasant visit:
(1) we ordered spaghetti and tomato sauce for our daughter (part of the kids menu) without an appetizer. It was a very large portion burdened by a ton of spices. It would have been perfect for an adult, but not a kid. Way too much oregano! The other problem with the kids menu is that they charged us full price even though we didn't take the appetizer!
(2) the other quip was with the bread. Look I don't know if this is a Spanish thing, but they served up three dry pieces of bread (without us asking for it). We didn't touch it because it didn't look all that appetizing. What surprised us was they added €4.00 for bread. We called the waiter and contested, seeing that we didn't eat the bread he took it off the bill. In all they overcharged us €10.00.