“Very good!”

Ranked #62 of 398 Restaurants in Sitges
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chai is an authentic tandoori restaurant with a twist. With as many vegetarian dishes as non-vegetarian dishes there's something to please everyone. Chai features a contemporary menu that will excite the adventurous, yet satisfy traditional palates. This is Indian food for the 21st century. We aim to ensure that not only our food, but our service will make your experience in Chai a memorable one.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Like other reviewers I avoid Indian food in Spain but was passing this one and saw 'recommended on Trip Advisor'. So we tried it. The service was good and friendly. Wine was good and reasonably priced. The food was very tasty and fresh but nothing like the English type of Indian. Once you get over the 'it's not the same' you start to say 'no it isn't, but it is tasty and very fresh.' We enjoyed the food, it was a very relaxing atmosphere and very friendly - hence the title - very good!

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited this two times. First time we had to leave because noone took our order.
Second visit service faster, but the food was not worth the visit. Very small portions, no appetizer, naan was unedible. Quite expensive for the small portions. The listed Cobra beer on the blackboard was sold out.
Stay away!!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is by far the best meal we had whilst on holiday in Sitges. Two Summers ago I visited and was drawn back as I had the best meal then and again the best meal this holiday.

Saika you have the flare and charisma that people just yearn for. Your warmth and hospitality as you welcomed us back into your most suave restaurant was awesome.

As on previous visits your knowledge of which wine goes with which dish and which rice goes with each main was spot on. Although you had a full house you still managed to pull it off and gave every table (along with the efficient waiter) that personal touch.

The four of us had two combo starters one veggie and one meat. Wow... It was beautiful...We asked for added prawns and you delivered as requested. Each mouthful was just sheer delicacy.

Our mains arrived and they were cooked exactly as we requested medium to hot. How you delivered such perfect dishes to suit our tastes is beyond me...But you did!!!

The atmosphere of Chai was electric and with the added superb food, wine, such magnificent service, ambience, it is a wonder we returned twice whilst on our holiday.

My friends have been fortunate to return to Sitges for the weekend but alas you were full!!! So were unable to dine with you again...They were gutted...I hope next June to return for the best Indian meal, atmosphere and of course you Saika....Simply the the most heartwarming, lover of Indian food and most courteous owner of a restaurant I know.

May we return next June boasting our tans!!! And for the reason we return to Sitges....CHAI!!!

3  Thank Beekell7
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We've been wary of Indian restaurants in Spain after numerous bad experiences in the past. Chai has restored our faith.

We tried this restaurant on a whim on a Sunday evening. We were greeted promptly upon arriving and shown to a table at the window looking out to the narrow lane.

Menus appeared quickly, and beers delivered soon afterwards.

We tried a combination of starters. Portions were on the small side, but full of flavour. The waiter was good at explaining our main course choices, but we did have some difficulty making ourselves understood, e.g. we thought we had ordered rice, but it didn't arrive. Main course portion sizes were also small, but again very tasty.

Service was good, and courses well spaced apart.

We will most likely eat here again during our next visit to Sitges in August.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Have been in this restaurant twice in the past and have recommended it to friends BUT after this evening I will not go back. We went into the restaurant and I enquired if it was open a young girl and her younger sister said 'yes' and said her mother wasn't there but to have a seat as no one else was in the place we sat at the window. The little girl brought us menus in Spanish then realised what she had done and then brought menus in English. She then asked if we wanted a drink we asked for a bottle of house white wine as no wine list was offered she brought a bottle which had about a glass of wine out of it already poured a glass to me and my partner then took away the bt. She then took our food order, she did apologize for the fact she didn't normally take !orders, she was polite and tried her best and said that the choice of mixed meat starter to share and chicken tikka masala and chicken curry was a good choice. Then the mother/owner came in and asked did we want rice or naan with our main, we ordered 2rice and one garlic naan. In no time the starter was served it was ok lamb kebabs and chicken pieces with dips served so quickly it was definitely not cooked from fresh, the main soon arrived. There was a strange smell from the rice which was bland. My chicken curry was bland and my partners tikka was sauce with a small amount if chicken breast. I asked for more wine but as we finished the main the naan arrived. Then the second glass of wine, no one asked how our meal was, my partner paid €55 I didn't see much of the bill but saw that the rice was €3 each, we left and will NOT recommend and NOT Go back, poor service and poor food, a pity as it had been brilliant last September and before then.

4  Thank Irishandfun