“Excellent fish, perfect situation and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bailiwick

The Bailiwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Woking, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish, perfect situation and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband recently wrote a very positive review, however, I now see lots of negative comments on Tripadvisor. You sometimes wonder if the bad reviews are written by rival establishments. We ate there last week and my fish was absolutely superb, beautifully cooked by their new chef. We had our usual banter with Gregory and Dennis, the Manager and Deputy Manager, which is all part of the Bailiwick experience. I sometimes wonder if the negative comments come from people with no wit or sense of humour. Service - excellent; food - excellent, ambience - excellent. From a coffee and danish to a three course meal, the perfect place to relax after a walk in the park! Jen

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Daktari62

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Poor service and food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

How disappointed we were at lunch today at Balliwick pub, Englefield Green. Such a potentially great pub in wonderful setting, we have enjoyed stopping to eat here after many a dog walk and meetings with friends, but unfortunately, won't rush back. Poor quality lack lustre service.
Sunday roasts were poor - tasted reheated. My fish was ok, but mean portions..

Really felt cheated, as positioned at higher end prices, so do expect better. We spent over £100, no wine, or starters, just mains and non alcoholic beverages. Although food presented well,if a little mean on portioning, there's little flavour and just not up to the mark. My sons roast beef was sent back as it was just fat! We didn't stop for dessert!

Such a shame.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank H B
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent country pub / restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went for a walk in Windsor Great Park and ended up here for lunch. Large and welcoming place, dogs allowed upstairs. Nice beer and excellent roasts - £12.95. Highly recommended. Booking advisable at the weekend.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“What a charming place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went for a gorgeous walk thru the daffodils
And called into the Bailiwick on Wick lane. We had 3 really tasty starters, ham hock terrine for Sue, smoked salmon with beet root for me and we shared bread and humours. Food superb a tasty, glass or Torontes and charming service. Well worth a lite meal and the mails also looked interesting.
Ps dogs welcome

• Visited April 2013
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service. Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I went to this pub last night. I took my mum there for a Birthday meal. I was a bit worried after seeing some poor reviews but I am glad I ignored them!

The food was excellent and good value, especially the mains and desserts. The duck was perfectly cooked, the pork belly and cracking was superb and the sea bream tasted so fresh and again perfectly cooked. Then the apple and blackberry crumble and sticky toffee for desserts were excellent.

The service was very good as well. We had no problem with getting served and the staff were very friendly.

I was surprised how quiet it was here on a Saturday evening. It is better value than the more expensive pubs/restaurants in Virginia Water and would recommend going in the evening. There is no problem parking after 7pm(unlike in the day where you would need to walk from somewhere else I think)

• Visited April 2013