“Nice Restaurant on a Beautiful Square”
Review of Boira

Boira
Ranked #143 of 517 Restaurants in Girona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Nice Restaurant on a Beautiful Square”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'd eat here if they served dog food. Having lunch on a beautiful, sunny square under an umbrella on a warm sunny day is just about as good as it gets. The food is relatively simple, but quite good, and not expensive. €12 for a three course lunch with a glass of wine? How can you beat that? I had a tomato & mozzarella salad plus roast chicken, all of which were great. The service was cheerful and good.

Visited May 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Lunchtime Tapa's”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped here for lunch one day. Not feeling Hungry we ordered 5 tapas between three of us.
The food was very good, and the selection extensive. Sadly the waiters didn't speak English, and our Spanish was very poor which made ordering drinks difficult. The one fault apart from this was that the Tapas arrived at different times rather than all together, about 15-20 minutes between the first and the last. That said the dining experience overlooking the river was very pleasant. I would reccomend the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Awfull wine”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First things first: the views from inside are amazing! La Boira is looking out over the river, and on a cold afternoon in March we were happy to get warm inside and enjoy the view. We were looking forward to a glass of wine. They brought us the menu, available in google-translated-English. "a sweet very wine that is the drink like a taste of fruit". Bad sign. At €2.30 per glass, the rosé seemed like a good option but it was really bad, acid. We suspect that they just refill bottles with cheap wine.

• Visited March 2013
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Delicious meal and great value.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were lucky to get a table on a warm Saturday evening in October sitting outside. Two of us had the 16 euro set menu and it was just delicious. The other two had tapas and really enjoyed their meal. Despite being busy the service was efficient and the waiters were very friendly. I would definitely return to this restaurant if I'm lucky enough to be in Girona in the future.

• Visited October 2012
Wisconsin
“Delicious & Affordable Set Menu”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and I just visited Boira for dinner, and we both opted for the 15 euro set menu. We both started with the salad with smoked vinaigrette. She liked hers, but I didn't enjoy the squash or the chestnuts. I did like the fact that it shows the restaurant is trying to be unique in their offerings, and I wouldn't downgrade the restaurant because I don't like the ingredients in the salad. My friend ordered the veal steak which she really seemed to love. I had the fish suquet which included white fish (cod, I'm guessing), mussels, and potatoes in a delicious broth. For dessert, we both opted for the chocolate ice cream with fruit compote. The price also included a bottle of water to share and a bread basket. The waiter was friendly, and the restaurant was quiet even when full of diners. I will definitely return to try the affordably-priced tapas on offer.

Visited February 2013