“Almost amazing...”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2019

A very dood lunch, but big disappointment was my main course which contained ingredients from the amuse bouche and from my first course. This is not what Is expected from a restaurant of such standing.

Apart from that it would have been a delightful experience enhanced by the frequent presence of the chef in the restaurant.

Ambiance, service almost excellent food and attention to

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I visited Massana last Tuesday (26 March). We both chose the Tasting menu - all 7 Appetizers and 9 courses! Neither of us could fault anything and my wife (an excellent cook but would never admit it) said that she’d never contemplate cooking anything like it. Praise indeed.
As with any well balanced tasting menu, we didn’t feel over-full when we left either. The service is formal and if I had any suggestions, it would be to lighten up a little. However, the staff moved effortlessly amongst the diners, changing languages for each table as appropriate. The chef also came out twice during the evening to chat with each table, again switching effortlessly between English, French, Spanish and Catalan.
Magnificent food. Why only 1 Michelin Star?

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Went with the wife and 2 teenage kids as a treat whilst visiting Girona having read all the great reviews, staff were amazing, food was out of this world. We had the taster menu with paired wine, the kids went for the wagyu beef and the goat shoulder and there was nothing left on the plate, same was said for the chocolate desert, the restaurant even gave the kids a selection of our appetisers which was well appreciated and unexpected, thank you. For us the taster menu was as you would expect a journey through various taste sensations that made you live in the moment and make the toes curl with delight.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 3, 2018

Having been to over 30 Michelin-*'d restaurants, this is the kind I firmly like...where it's more about the food than the "ambience", over-the-top fussy service, or science-lab gimmicks like gels and foams and various types of "dust".
We had a red risotto and Massana's signature magret to start. The risotto was tremendously flavorful and the rice grains perfectly cooked, while the marget was superb. I've heard it said that the rosemary infused olive oil overpowers the duck, but to me it was a pleasant balance.
For mains I had a goat shoulder and the wife had the sea bass. Both we were well-cooked, although not memorable.
Pricing was great - under 100 EUR per person with 2 glasses of wine each.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2018

Greate experience!
Amezing appetizes and desserts
Not very expensive for this luxury restaurant
We really enjoyed it