“Friendly staff, good location”
Review of Hotel Margarit

Hotel Margarit
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Jerusalem,
“Friendly staff, good location”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They let us check in, put our bags in the room, and get the room key even though the room wasn't ready yet (we were in a hurry to catch a train to Figurres).
They were helpful in explaining how to get places.
The rooms were clean and a nice size; the bathroom clean and spacious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank judsha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Southampton, UK
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very friendly hotel - basic, but had all we needed. There was a problem with the water draining in our shower, but we were immediately moved, and effectively received an upgrade! The receptionist was extremely helpful, and showed us how to get to the best restaurants. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shanemilner
N.E England
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Just a short walk from most of Girona. Easy 5/10 min from the train and bus station and easy to find(I used Google map and street view for my route) and about the same distance to the old town.
The rooms were clean and comfortable (I peeped into a few empty ones- my single room was certainly worse for space and furniture with large easy chairs as opposed to my desk and chair), I had good wifi on floor 2, a well presented breakfast (typical continental), lovely friendly staff, most had enough English to help me when I needed it.
I stayed in May so the temperature was comfortable - I can't speak for summer or winter (I saw no air con and had a small radiator that came on at night)
The worst problem was noise, everything that happened in the hall way was audible. my single room looked out on and over someone's balcony and the window was not double glazed. It was like sitting with them at a table.That balcony then looked into an inner space(the Zen ! garden) and again noise resounded from top to bottom. The hotel was not near full capacity with no parties or late night revellers so thankfully overall disturbances were minimal.
The management apologised as they were in the middle of upgrading/renovating the hotel (I say in the middle but I read on some review that it has been going on since at least autumn last year) I could see some upper floor windows had double glazing but I don't know how much longer it will go on for and so most days there was drilling or hammering going on after breakfast.
Very minor repairs to the room such as a chip off the shower holder and a slightly loose washbasin are probably waiting for the up grade
** If they could sort out the noise issue then it would be a great (value for money) place to stay but unless they do I think high season would be an issue.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Geordie-out-n-about
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Flaking paint in bathroom/toilet. Very cold rooms at night in autumn. Not so clean. But just in the center of town. See if you can afford better...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Location was great - every thing was in walking distance (and the city is worth seeing, its beautiful)

Service - There was a friendly lady behind the desk that went out of her way to provide us with information etc.

Room - our room had a small balcony looking into the small "zen garden". It was covered in dirt and dust. guests naturally have been walking in and out (bring the dirt in with them) and the floor in our room had not been swept before we arrived. Also if your room is looking into the garden in can get a bit bit noisy. If any of the other guests are speaking on their balcony or in the garden you can hear it clearly.

All in all - for the money we spent on the room I still think it is good value and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
barcelona
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This hotel is really clean, staff is kind and helpful. The rooms are wide and kept in a clean modern blue decoration. The bathrooms have a walking shower, clean white towels and hair dryer; some rooms face the river and you can listen the birds and ducks in the morning. They have a nice dinning room for breakfast which we did not try but looks pretty ok. It is very close to the center within five minutes walk more or less. There is a free car park area on the other side of the river, just opposite to the hotel. This is the perfect spot for couples or families that want to discover Girona city or the surroundings. Just one bad point would be the noise in the morning, so if you are planning to sleep long hours this is not the place to stay, because the doors of other rooms may be a bit annoying and make sure you are not close to the lift or main corridor of each floor.
Just book it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I don't really know how to review this place--it is a bit of a conundrum! I stayed here for three nights as a solo traveller. I had just come to have a look at the town and do a bit of walking so I thought I would stay on the cheap. I saw reviews of this place and thought why not. I paid the princely sum of 102 euro for 3 nights with breakfast so was not expecting much, I even booked a single room as I was in a miserly mood that day.
When I arrived on the early Ryanair flight from Manchester the hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the bus station (just cross the main road and keep walking till you get to the river and look out for "cartridge world" with the big yellow sign, the hotel is right there) The receptionist is housed in a tiny but clean reception rabbit hutch, she asked me if I wanted to leave my luggage in the baggage room until my room would be ready at 1pm. She gave me a map of the area and I set off for food and sightseeing.
I returned at about 2.30 and was given the key to my room plus a code should I return after 10pm (reception is manned till 10pm and only till 4pm on sunday ) They also email the first days code to you before you arrive so dont forget to bring it if you are arriving late. The room was very small but had a very pleasant toilet and shower with modern and very clean facilities and a cute but odd balcony which overlooked the "Zen Garden" below. This was room 222 by the way, and I guess that all rooms ending in 22 would be similar. The balcony was odd because even thogh only my room had access to it the window of the neighbouring room opened on to it so I felt I was intruding when I sat out with my beer and a book.
The single bed looked awfully small (I have a king size at home) and I did regret not booking a double room, after all it was only about 10 euros more a night! What I did not expect was one of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel for years, the airconditioning was silent and controlled the temperature superbly, the bed was very comfy. The room was totally dark.
Breakfast is served from 7am to a decent 10am in a small room on the first floor next to the "Zen Garden" There is no hot food except toast and just one type of ham and cheese but the bread is fresh, the pastries good and the juices are decent quality. A fair choice of cereal, good fresh coffee and a very friendly welcome make it well worth the 4 euro charge. I did hot have to bother with lunch and I was walking big distances.
Overall this was a surprise to me, I wish I had booked a larger room as it was a bit pokey but it was very cheap, very clean and I slept very well. I would certainly reccomend it to anyone, if you are on a real budget book a room ending in 22 and you can stay in comfort for peanuts.

Room Tip: spend the extra 10 euros if you have it and definitely book breakfast, it is great value