“Great beer!”

Ranked #93 of 524 Restaurants in Girona
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Really great variety of local beers and very kind, fluently English-speaking service make this place must-to-visit in Girona. :)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Found this place online, and having struggled to find anywhere doing decent vegetarian food, thought we'd stumbled upon a gem... unfortunately it couldn't have been further from the truth.

My beer was cloudy and hadn't had time to rest, the latest trend in craft ales means there will be a lot of disappointed folk, puzzling over dry and bitter tasting ale, as a result of poor cellar-man skills.

The food... the food was SOOO uninspiring it was painful. I realise that vegetarian culture hasn't really gained much traction in Spain and Catalunya, but this was painfully bland.

Yes, the service was polite enough and Yes the intention was to offer something different. But... it was so tasteless, and lacking in any creativity.

We ordered a BBQ burger and artichoke croquettes, along with a pine nut and spinach flan of some sort, and a sausage baguette.

The bread was clearly baked straight from the freezer, in a city full of amazing bakeries I don't understand why some effort couldn't have been made to shop locally.

My BBQ burger, was a plain soya patty (which was pretty awesome on it's own) in a pitta bread, with A slice of tomato and A piece of lettuce. It was like being transported straight back to the 70's when lentil loaf and hippy moms were the poster boys of vegetarianism. The croquettes were so nondescript, it's almost impossible to even deride them. We also ordered humus, that had 3 pitiful olives on the top (these olives were smaller than peanuts)! Why oh why couldn't you cut loose and spend an extra 50c on olives that may bring some joy to your food? THEY GROW IN YOUR BACK YARD!

Sorry but your food sucked... it may be good enough for the masses of tourists plodding past your front door who will never come back as they are there for 24 hours. But me? I would turn into a grey whimpering puddle of grey sludge if i had to dine from your kitchen every day.

Buy fresh... buy local... buy a cook book!

The end.

2  Thank SkinnyHulk
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had some beers from draught here, ough, expensive at about 4 times the going rate for a cana!

With it we ordered artichoke croquettes, which turned out to be a microwave heated croquettish shape but not at all taste. More like heated vegetarian gum. Only the hummus which happened to be on the plate as well was okay.

2  Thank Eva-Quirinius
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Came across this bar/restaurant by accident. We went for lunch which was a set three course with a drink for just over 12 Euro. A choice of four starters, four mains, including specials and about 6/7 puddings. Great tasting food and great service with excellent English. We didnt go for the real ale, but had the organic wine, which was lovely.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Both my girlfriend and I were blown away by this place. We loved it so much we came back the next day. The menu del dia has a great selection. I had a brussel sprout salad to start, spag bol for main and chocolate cheesecake for dessert. I can honestly say every course was bursting with flavour and melt in the mouth. My girlfriend isn't vegetarian but she absolutely loved the food too. Then there's the selection of ale. Wow - so many great ales to chose from. The guy that served us was very attentive, welcoming and spoke excellent English. The price is also really reasonable. We ate in some other restaurants during our stay in Girona that were 3 times the price of B-12 and they didn't come close to matching the quality of the food here. I can't recommend this place enough. You must eat here if you visit Girona!