“The best veggie restaurant in Girona!”
Review of Amaranta

Amaranta
Ranked #39 of 616 Restaurants in Girona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and delicious food! Veggie and vegan food is not boring nor tasteless in Amaranta. What a surprising experience! Even for not vegetarians!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed October 19, 2018

This restaurant was recommended to us by the reception staff at our hotel. It is a vegetarian restaurant with vegan options, and it is open on Monday through to Friday from 1300 hours until 1600 hours. A three course menu del dia is on offer for 14.90 euros, and this includes bread and a complimentary glass of cava. However, my husband had a couple of extra glasses of wine each day & I had an extra glass of cava along with a bottle of water, and we weren't charged for these. When we said we had underpaid, we were told this was the system by which the locals were charged. The only extras we ever paid for were the coffees & a Baileys. English is spoken, especially by the gentleman (the owner, I think) and he was happy to advise what ingredients were in the various dishes. The restaurant is also open on Friday evenings and Saturdays, when a la carte is offered as opposed to the set menu. This place is located about a 10 minute walk from the main tourist area of Girona, and it is frequented mainly by locals and people working in the vicinity, but it is well worth seeking out. As a couple of visitors to the city, we were made as welcome as everyone else, and we'd certainly return here if we decide to re-visit Girona at some future date.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I'm sorry to write this as we were really looking forward to eating here as it was quite close to our hotel. We went to find it on our second morning, but the info is all in Catalan. We'd obviously misinterpreted it as we came back at 8.30 that night and it was closed. Shame. Maybe the owners could put opening times in Spanish or English. You are losing customers if you don't.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank EandP873
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Nice vegetarian restaurant (not vegan) located near Parc de la Devesa. They are quick serving dishes, very tasty, with recomendations of the waiters (which sometimes is very helpful) and with an average price that you expect to pay with a restaurant of it’s caracteristics and with a GOOD portions.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018

The restaurant is not within the tourist area of Girona, but walking distance from the historic section of town. The service was very good and we enjoyed the food. I am a vegetarian, although my partner is not and I seek out vegetarian restaurants when I travel in order to have more choices. Although the food was good, I would say that it did not stand out as much as a few other places where we ate on the trip.

Date of visit: May 2018