“personalized service=custom experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bikecat

Bikecat
More attraction details
Owner description: BikeCat specializes in custom cycling tours in Girona, Spain. Our tours are led by local guides who will share their home and culture and what makes Girona such a draw for cyclists.We provide high quality service from a single day to a complete week-long cycling tour. All of our activities are custom designed to you and for your group no matter your riding level. Join us and we will take care of the rest. Enjoy a unique experience with the local touch to discover Girona, the best riding, and the finest cuisine and wines from Catalunya.We also offer high-end performance rental bikes from the Garmin team to accompany you on your vacation. Treat yourself and ride the bikes the Garmin Pros race on.
Atlanta, Georgia
“personalized service=custom experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were thrilled with our Bikecat experience. The owners, Debbie and Jaume, are consummate professionals who took care of everything so we could relax and enjoy ourselves. They are very detail-oriented and thoroughly researched all aspects of our trip in advance to create the perfect itinerary for us based on our requests. Their insider knowledge of Girona and the surrounding countryside and coastal communities means you get to have experiences you would not have on your own. They know the best restaurants, hotels, and attractions, and they cater to the needs and interests of riders and non-riders alike. We will definitely return!

Visited July 2012

Calgary, Canada
“Great cycling, fantastic guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I extended a work trip to Barcelona to do some cycling in Girona with Bikecat upon strong recommendations from friends who have done several tours with them. All the details were taken care of, from transportation to/from Barcelona, accomodations in a beautiful family-run hotel, and rides customized to the distance and type of riding I wished to do. I did two rides, 90 to 120km, including a hilly training ride and a ride to the very scenic Costa Brava. The Felt road bike rental (carbon, dura ace components, etc...) was fantastic, made me want to upgrade my own road bike as soon as I got home. It was really nice to have local guides that knew everything about the area. Even on my non-riding day, I was taken to some really great running trails near the hotel that I could not have found on my own. I had some incredible meals as well thanks to their restaurant recommendations. I will definitely return to explore more of this beautiful area on my bike. I highly recommend Bikecat for an unforgettable cycling vacation.

Visited September 2012
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Anniversary trip to Girona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I just finished a 3 day tour with Bikecat. Like many other Bikecat customers we were referred by a fellow Calgary cyclist and through the excellent reputation Bikecat had developed. Our experience has been entirely first class from the pre trip service and planning to the cycling and accommodation here in Girona. As other Bikecat customers have commented it is truly a cultural experience and Jaume is a gracious and wonderful host who is very proud of Catalan history and culture. Our tour was customized to not only include a shorter 3 day package but also equestrian rides for my wife. The equestrian centre Can Comas provided trail rides matched to her ability and excellent horses. Jaume even arranged for the cyclists and equestrians to meet enroute for refreshments! Jaume, his partner Debbie and the staff at the Hotel Historic made us feel very at home. We can highly recommend Bikecat and the cycling was amazing. We hope to return again and share this experience with our friends!

Visited September 2012
Boston, MA
“Gorgeous, authentic, fun...oh, and Tour de France bikes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is not just a tour - it's is a cultural experience for Catalonian fans and bike geeks alike. The tours are guided by truly kind people who are fit enough to go out for 50k without breathing hard but nice enough to take it slow and stop often if you feel like it. Our family arrived in Girona a bit jet-lagged; but the fatigue quickly gave way to wonder: there we were, in BikeCat's stone-lined medieval storefront, just around the corner from thousand-year-old Roman walls, looking at.... actual Tour de France bikes, raced on just 2 years ago by pros, with the pros' names still on them. Jaume and Debbie were there, setting them up just for us. Yes, you can ride through ancient towns on rambling (nearly-car-free) country roads on a pure carbon-fiber Felt race bikes that rode into Paris only 24 months ago. Jaume and Debbie both speak perfect English -- Debbie is American -- and luckily for us have a great knowledge of the countryside. I could not recommend them more highly: fun, comfortable, cool. We all loved it - a great way to see a new part of the world and stay active.

Visited August 2012
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“High expectations exceeded!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Some friends of mine who enjoyed a tour with Bikecat a couple of years ago recommended a tour with them. When I finally got around to visiting Girona, I made my reservation with Bikecat for a week of solid riding to keep my form up while nursing a slight injury --and to enjoy the countryside, the food and wine of the Girona area. Since my friends recommended these guys highly, I knew I would be in good hands --but the guided rides with good advice and anecdotes for training and racing (and for good, simple recovery), plus all that damn good food... so excellent! A big part of the pleasure is merely that Girona is a very, very special place for cycling. No one knows this area better than Jaume at Bikecat. These guys have the best job in the world, and they do it very well.

Visited June 2012