“Friendliest Service Ever!”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Valletta, Malta
“Friendliest Service Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Thumbs up to this family run hotel. Excellent food.. enjoyed poolside barbeque dinner. We were even offered shawls by owner as it was a bit chilly one night. Free parking and only 15 minutes away by car to airport. Salut!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mariaout

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed in a family suite with 5 members of our family. It was a bit small, with an extra cot rolled in, but we felt reasonably comfortable. The gentleman who checked us in and worked the mornings was very pleasant and helpful. The pool is very nice, although throughout the day yellow-jackets tend to accumulate in the water so by afternoon you shouldn't be surprised to find some swimming companions. The hotel is a long, but easy walk to the old city, but if you have mobility issues you may need to drive to town (there is a free, but crowded parking lot outside the old city). There are a few large supermarkets near the hotel, one is a very easy 3-5 minute walk away.

We had one unpleasant experience with trying to have a little picnic on the hotel grounds. The woman working the afternoon shift of the front desk stopped us from eating at the outside tables and told us the hotel doesn't allow any outside food to be eaten anywhere on the hotel grounds except in patron's rooms. We found this a bit rigid and were forced to have our picnic in our room. The fact that the room was a bit dusty and not as clean as we would like added to our disappointment.

The wifi was good and the breakfast was good. Overall It was a good experience and we would stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very good friendly hotel. Located about 15 mins walk from the centre of Girona. Quiet location.
Very good breakfast and also does good evening meals too (good value for money).
Room was large and comfortable.
Pool was a lovely retreat from the hot days.
Parking was free (a lot of hotels in the area you have to pay extra).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rup_UK
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had driven a long distance and the welcome from the staff was superb. The Pool was lovely and the Poolside area also very nice, the staff excellent and if you have Dogs they are also very welcoming. The Breakfast is a feast for the price with fresh fruits and lots of choice. The rooms are large and good value for the price. The Hotel is well located so not far from the Motorway and then a short walk into Girona.

Room Tip: Our room was great except with having Dogs with us and lots of luggage a ground or 1st floor room co...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hotel itself is comfortable and I remember the breakfasts being excellent with a huge choice available. However, we stayed over New Year for a few nights and realised that we were being systematically robbed by a member of staff. Had to be a member of staff because who else would have had access to our locked room? I thought I was going mad and that I'd been very careless with our money but once I realised I seemed to be the odd few euro notes short each day we wrote everything down and kept track. The obvious burglary came to light when I hid my "spare" wallet in a different place to usual in the room when at breakfast on the final morning. When I came back to the room the person who had expected to find things in my usual place had clearly panicked as my suitcase had been turned completely upside-down in an effort to find my cash. We reported it at reception but as the amount totalled 80 euros over the 4 days we never went to the police. The hotel typed a written statement in Spanish for me but on non-headed paper. Afterwards I realise I should have insisted it was on headed paper. They didn't seem to care and I never received a written apology. I didn't report it because it seemed too much hassle on our final day in Spain for something that I couldn't claim via insurance because the amount didn't cover the excess. Very clever way of burgling someone, I thought! Consequently I'd say NEVER leave a handbag, wallet or other valuable items in a room when you go for breakfast. The whole experience really shook us up. Needless to say I'll never set foot in this hotel ever again! We actually stayed here over New Year 2009-10 so maybe the person who did this to us no longer works there. Tripadvisor will only let me record trips taken within a year, hence the July 11 date. I have been meaning to warn others about our experience for far too long!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Zap63
Jurong, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My friends and I booked a 3-night stay at the Costabella Hotel and ended up leaving after the first night. The reason: ear-popping noise. In order to compensate for low patronage, this hotel (and others in the Philippines) allows local firms to use the facilities for events such as staff parties etc. These outside guests monopolise the pool and play extremely LOUD music all day. It is not an exaggeration to say that the music is louder than many nightclubs I have visited in the past. To make matters worse, the event staff decided it was a good idea to perform a sound check at 6AM Saturday (not a typo!). It felt like I was waking up inside a rave party. When my friends and I complained, the hotel staff told us they had already informed us by slipping notes under our doors. These conveniently arrived after the party started at 9AM (I didn't receive one). One wonders why the hotel staff didn't tell us about the all-day parties (plural, as they had another party booked for the Sunday) when we checked-in the day before. When we extracted information from the staff that more noise could be expected the following day as well, we decided to leave for a quieter venue.
In case you think we are geriatrics who prefer the serene environment of a retirement home, we are in our thirties and enjoy going to clubs and bars. We just don't expect beach resorts to be transformed into rave parties for 8 hours a day. My advice is if you are considering this hotel, check beforehand to see if it has any events planned.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jake S
Catania, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is good value for money, especially if you come with a car or/and have no problems to walk a little to the city centre. Apart from the location which is slightly outside the hotel is good, we had a clean nice room, service was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed one night only though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends