Hotel Costabella
AC Hotel Palau de Bellavista(Girona)(Great Value!)
$77
Nord 1901(Girona)
$99
$93
  • Pool
Hotel Gran Ultonia Girona(Girona)(Great Value!)
$75
Condal(Girona)(Great Value!)
$70
$53
Priceline
All reviewsfree parkingminute walktaxi faremotorway networkthe busswimming poolnice poolrooms are spacious and cleanold townone night stopoverbusy roadsouthern spainnice hotelfamily holidaybreakfast selectionreception stafftown centre
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very good friendly hotel. Located about 15 mins walk from the centre of Girona. Quiet location.
Very good breakfast and also does good evening meals too (good value for money).
Room was large and comfortable.
Pool was a lovely retreat from the hot days.
Parking was free (a lot of hotels in the area you have to pay extra).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rup_UK
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had driven a long distance and the welcome from the staff was superb. The Pool was lovely and the Poolside area also very nice, the staff excellent and if you have Dogs they are also very welcoming. The Breakfast is a feast for the price with fresh fruits and lots of choice. The rooms are large and good value for the price. The Hotel is well located so not far from the Motorway and then a short walk into Girona.

Room Tip: Our room was great except with having Dogs with us and lots of luggage a ground or 1st floor room could have been better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hotel itself is comfortable and I remember the breakfasts being excellent with a huge choice available. However, we stayed over New Year for a few nights and realised that we were being systematically robbed by a member of staff. Had to be a member of staff because who else would have had access to our locked room? I thought I was going mad and that I'd been very careless with our money but once I realised I seemed to be the odd few euro notes short each day we wrote everything down and kept track. The obvious burglary came to light when I hid my "spare" wallet in a different place to usual in the room when at breakfast on the final morning. When I came back to the room the person who had expected to find things in my usual place had clearly panicked as my suitcase had been turned completely upside-down in an effort to find my cash. We reported it at reception but as the amount totalled 80 euros over the 4 days we never went to the police. The hotel typed a written statement in Spanish for me but on non-headed paper. Afterwards I realise I should have insisted it was on headed paper. They didn't seem to care and I never received a written apology. I didn't report it because it seemed too much hassle on our final day in Spain for something that I couldn't claim via insurance because the amount didn't cover the excess. Very clever way of burgling someone, I thought! Consequently I'd say NEVER leave a handbag, wallet or other valuable items in a room when you go for breakfast. The whole experience really shook us up. Needless to say I'll never set foot in this hotel ever again! We actually stayed here over New Year 2009-10 so maybe the person who did this to us no longer works there. Tripadvisor will only let me record trips taken within a year, hence the July 11 date. I have been meaning to warn others about our experience for far too long!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Zap63
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My friends and I booked a 3-night stay at the Costabella Hotel and ended up leaving after the first night. The reason: ear-popping noise. In order to compensate for low patronage, this hotel (and others in the Philippines) allows local firms to use the facilities for events such as staff parties etc. These outside guests monopolise the pool and play extremely LOUD music all day. It is not an exaggeration to say that the music is louder than many nightclubs I have visited in the past. To make matters worse, the event staff decided it was a good idea to perform a sound check at 6AM Saturday (not a typo!). It felt like I was waking up inside a rave party. When my friends and I complained, the hotel staff told us they had already informed us by slipping notes under our doors. These conveniently arrived after the party started at 9AM (I didn't receive one). One wonders why the hotel staff didn't tell us about the all-day parties (plural, as they had another party booked for the Sunday) when we checked-in the day before. When we extracted information from the staff that more noise could be expected the following day as well, we decided to leave for a quieter venue.
In case you think we are geriatrics who prefer the serene environment of a retirement home, we are in our thirties and enjoy going to clubs and bars. We just don't expect beach resorts to be transformed into rave parties for 8 hours a day. My advice is if you are considering this hotel, check beforehand to see if it has any events planned.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jake S
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is good value for money, especially if you come with a car or/and have no problems to walk a little to the city centre. Apart from the location which is slightly outside the hotel is good, we had a clean nice room, service was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed one night only though.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends