“Clean, modern, but still not recommended”

Hotel Ultonia Girona
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Hotel is very clean, modern and good located.
However, we are very very disappointed about it. We have booked this hotel one month in advance and asked for a room with a nice view as it was our honey-moon trip. This was totally ignored! We have got a small, dark room with horrible view, actually with NO view (window was faced to another building, probably parking house).
On saturday night in was so noisy because of the disco inside hotel building that we have to ask to move us to higher floor of the hotel.
We are also dissapointed about bath amenities for hotel of 4~stars: we have got only one small bottle of shampoo and shower gel: no hair conditioner, no body lotion etc.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hotel looks nice from the outside and in Reception but don’t be deceived. This hotel is really two hotels inside one building. There are reviews on Tripadvisor for the Hotel Gran Ultonia Girona and the Hotel Ultonia Girona. The good reviews mostly seem to be from people who stayed in the Hotel Gran Ultonia Girona. Unfortunately my room was in the Hotel Ultonia Girona. The room was very cold. There were marks on the floor in the carpet. I asked for a non-smoking room and was given a room where people had been smoking in it. I could smell the smoke and a musty smell. I could still hear a lot of street noise even several floors up. This went on until the early hours of the morning even on a weeknight. I could also hear people in neighbouring rooms. I didn’t enjoy my stay and I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Muldr4Scly
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stay here on average a couple of nights a month and to me it represents good value for money. Each time I have stayed the rooms have been clean and the walk-in shower is just what you need in the morning and at the end of a long day. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, but I'm not a breakfast person. There is also free Wi-Fi. Very well located for the bars and restaurants in the city centre.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tradders
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Clean, good value, nice lobby, staff speaks English, computer in lobby of guest use.

Room Tip: Only downside was we had very loud neighbors, so tough night of sleep. Be sure not to be in a room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed in the Ultonia for five nights and hardly got any sleep. The hotel is on a very busy road, with a motor bike park out front and the railway behind so is very noisy. There is also a bar on the fifth floor (and we were in Room 502!!!) which in itself was reasonably quiet but with people going to the lifts at the end of the night it was pretty noisy. In fact, I've stayed in city hotels all over the world and I've never encountered such a noisy one. The soundproofing was non existent- you could hear light switches going on for instance. We eventually complained on night 4 (and I should say we are not serial complainers) and they shut heavy fireproof doors across which improved things slightly. Otherwise the hotel was fine, great location for everything, bed comfy, bathroom a bit dated but everything worked and it was clean. Staff at reception were efficient and friendly. Girona is a lovely city and worth a visit but I'm afraid we would stay elsewhere if we came again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank christinehen
Reviewed August 30, 2011

One night in room wit main balcony. - it was great.
Hair in the bathroom, a broken window shutter, sleepy porter when the rush for the bus - it was not OK

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

"+"
-Perfect location, close to all must see areas
-Big and airy room with 2 massive windows and a balcony with great mountains view (7th floor)
-Cleaningness
-Helpful staff
-Free reliable wi fi (there is a free wifi outside in certain areas of the town too- definetely we had it all the way from the bus station to the hotel, you just need to register to be able to use it )
-working aircon
Can't really fault this hotel, especially for the price paid

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends