“Much more than just Tapas”
Review of Txalaka

Txalaka
Ranked #16 of 528 Restaurants in Girona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this bar / restaurant several times and it does not disappoint. Although we have no Spanish or Catalan, we were still able to make ourselves understood and avoid any suspect "animal parts" which might be considered regional specialities. The food was simply great and was continuously refreshed during the evening, with extra hot dishes being put on every few minutes. The atmosphere was lively and value for money could not be beaten €28 for 2 including drinks. We're going back tomorrow.

1  Thank MagellansTours

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good basque restaurant in Girona. The tapas were awesome and cheap 1,60 €.
The dishes were good, maybe just a little bit too expensive to be in Spain.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love to bring my guests to Txalaka as they have a good variety of pintxos (small bites) for 1,60 euro each. Even the dishes of olives and the desserts are the same price. I wouldn't say it is the best value for money in Girona, but I think it is a great way to try a variety of tastes. I don't enjoy the seats as there are many that are just stools, but the atmosphere is nice and the staff friendly. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We went to this restaurant the second last night of our stay in Girona, and loved it so much that we had to go back again for our final dinner there (Corsaro was our second choice). The tapas were 1.60Eur each, and were just delicious. Little mushrooms, fish ceviche, bread with cheese and quince jelly, sausages, seafood salad stuffed in roasted peppers. The desserts were great too.
If only their cider had been sold by the glass, I'd have been in seventh heaven. As it was, I enjoyed the "clara" (shandy).
I can't recommend this place highly enough. This was probably our favourite restaurant of this trip.

1  Thank drk2004
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Everything was fresh and tasty, with a lot of choice. It was very close from our hotel Gran Ultonia where we got the tip, and I don't think we could find better, really good Spanish food.

1  Thank Nathalie V