“Horrible. Worst horse riding vacation ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Panorama Trails

Panorama Trails
Boston
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Horrible. Worst horse riding vacation ever.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I rode the Catalan coastal ride , and had Nacho as the guide. Nacho was extremely rude, condescending, impatient, and by far the most unprofessional guide of any travels I have experienced. Further, although the ride was advertised as maximum capacity of 10, there were 11 riders. It took more than two hours in the hot sun on the first day for everyone to groom and tack the horses, with little instruction (or patience). Nacho constantly yelled at the riders for such things as not getting the saddles removed quickly enough, not keeping the horses in a straight line (when we were at a complete halt for ten minutes), making errors in girth or bridle. On four separate occasions riders (including Nacho) experienced their stirrups falling off, which is obviously a dangerous situation -- apparently the salt water during the beach ride is not good for stirrups. The horses were great, the trails were beautiful, most of the accommodations were nice, but Nacho clearly hates his job and the guests who pay good money for this expensive vacation.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank AnneKay9
Panorama-Trails, Propietario at Panorama Trails, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Anne Kay,

we were truely sorry to read of your experience on our Mediteranian Trail and with Nacho. The whole team of Panorama Trails tries to make all our clients happy and content and to give them a unique experience. We´d like to apologize for your bad experience. However i´d also like to outline some of our concepts and our philosophy concerning several points that you complained about. It´s right that the guests have to tack the horses themselves. We decided that it is very important for horse and rider to get to know eachother before starting the trail! Therefore each guest will be introduced to the horse he rides on the first day, he will groom and receive instructions how to tack our horses. In our opinion this first contact with your horses is a gentle and comfortable way to get to know your horse (and let the horse gets to know you)and to avoid problems in tacking the horses. This may take a little longer on the first day which is normal and the guides are trained to make sure that everyone gets all information about the tacking and the safety.
On our website we inform about the minimum of 4 clients and the maximum of 12 clients for the trails we offer. On the Mediteranian Trail you took part were 11 clients, Nacho as the main guide in front and a backup guide for more safety at the rear.
Nacho is one of our most experienced guides, he is very safety-minded and gives very clear instructions to the clients. As he is not a native english speaker, to some guests he might sound a little stiff and strict. For the security during the trailride while trotting or cantering the horses are trained to stay in line and our guides are instructed to insure that the horses stay in line.
We haven´t had have any other complaints about Nacho as a guide, in the very reverse, clients who were on the trail with Nacho came back for other trails and asked for Nacho as a guide.
Concerning the stirrups it might happen some time that one of the safety locks opens during a fast movement. We check our saddles carefully and make sure that the locks will open in case of emergency (when a rider falls off the horse and gets his foot caught in the stirrup, it´s necessary that the safety lock opens quickly to prevent serious injury). A experienced and balanced rider will not be in danger because of losing his stirrup.
The team of Panorama Trails loves the horses and their work, they are open minded with people of all nationalities and very good trained for their duties and responsibilities.

• Hungarian first
Grignan, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great horse riding trails”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

There are lots of different trails. Going up in the mountains, or staying in the plains ... it is wonderful. Rudi has got well-trained horses. Buffalo's picknick's are always a surprise. I have done the Catalan paths of Herdsmen. Just great, nice views, lovely places to sleep.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank Lutopie
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Another fantastic week's riding”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have also been riding with Panorama Trails for many years now. I recently did the Dali Trail with the owner (our guide). Yes, he is German but speaks very good English & has a good sense of humour too. The horses, scenery, food, accomodation were great as usual. That's why I come back year after year. So take the plunge, try a riding trip with Panorama Trails, you will not be disappointed.

4 Thank 171Devonjack
Cambridge, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing Trip”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first trail ride vacation and it was amazing trip! Rudi was great, he clearly cares an enormous amount about both his guests and his horses and takes very good care of everyone. The scenery was beautiful and the food was amazing, I'm shocked I didn't gain a ton of weight. Everywhere we stayed was really nice and the tour overall was very well organized. I would definitely go back again for another trip. The people I met on the tour were very fun and I look forward to keeping in touch with them. It was an incredible time and I highly recommend it!

3 Thank kralphie711
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dali Trail - Fantastic”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been going to Panorama Trails for many years now and I recently did the Dali Trail. I have to say the horses were amazing with some fast but safe riding (including a beach gallop). The food was excellant and the accommodation was mostly small family run hotels in pretty villages which were friendly and comfortable. Rudi did his best to keep everyone happy as usual and the group of people on the trail were all great fun. I hope to be returning for many more years to come.

4 Thank R H