“Great Service!”

Bike Breaks Girona Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: BIKE BREAKS, the Girona Cycle Centre is operated and owned by the husband and wife team of Dave and Saskia who have lived in the Girona area, providing mountain bike holidays, road bike holidays, touring bike trips and guiding services for many years. Both are avid riders and qualified guides and regularly compete in both local cross country races and European cup downhill marathon competitions.Their aim; to create a ´one stop shop´ of services and information for visiting cyclists and local riders alike, anyone who wants to ride in the Girona area. From bike hire or equipment hire, day trips, Bike shop, shower facility, private guiding service to all-in cycle holiday packages and everything in between… we can help.Anything do to with cycling in Girona ... come to us..!!!
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Service!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was part of a group of cyclists staying in town for four days but didn't cycle myself. Saskia arranged for our hotel and was really helpful with a bunch of group activities and also in giving advice for our touring outside of Girona. Will have to consider a return visit!

• Greek first
Markham, Canada
“Pro Experience”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

While planning a vacation from Canada to Spain, I managed to talk my wife into alllowing me to road ride in Girona. My subsequent internet searching and the rave reviews provided through Trip Advisor led me to 'Bike Breaks'. Over the next few weeks, I exchanged several e-mails with Dave and his staff inquiring about rentals, routes and the availability of a guide. Their responses were timely, detailed and put my mind at ease that I had made the right choice. Upon arriving at Bike Breaks, I was warmly received by one of Dave's staff (an Olympic Cyclist - cool!). Admittedly, I had left confirming my plans late and Dave had to scramble to find me a guide. He came through in spades by connecting me with a rider from one of the pro women's teams (GO LR!) and he fitted an all carbon Cannondale rental to my spec's. We hit the road the next day and had amazing 100K ride from Girona to Tossa De Mar on the spectacular Costa Brava. Having a pro guide ensured a quality ride and she provided some insight into the rigours of the pro tour while sharing her local knowledge along the way (bonus!). I now know why so many pro teams call Girona (and Bike Breaks) home. My experience with Bike Breaks was outstanding. As a result, the group I ride with is now contemplating changing our 2014 cycling trip from Italy to Girona. I should mention that over the few days I visited the store, it was evident that Dave, Saskia and Annie provide a high level of service to all ages / abilities (inc MB), and accommodate all requests to the best of their ability. They are a real asset to the cycling community. I look forward to returning next September.

Visited September 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great services and tour”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Big thanks to Dave and Sas at Bike Breaks!! We did the Medieval Village Day Trip and visited some stunning sites in a few small towns and villages just outside of Girona. The ride is a 27km easy ride with only a few short hills done at your own pace. The bikes and equipment are in good condition and the staff at Bike Breaks are very helpful. Highly recommend!

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best People For The Job”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The owners of Bike Breaks go way beyond what is neccesary to ensure a great trip. Great shop, Great bikes, Excellent knowledge. They will do anything within their ability to make sure you have the best experience possible. They even booked our hotels for us and got us a great rate. Very friendly and hospitable. We will definatley go back.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“seamless”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

booked cannondale carbon supers six's to go road cycling in the girona region for this years 'road trip'. This is an annual trip for our crowd and therefore we have a fair amount of experience hiring quality road cycles in europe. I would say this experience has easily been the best, the bikes were ready and sized correctly, no mechanicals and the service completely seamless, Dave, Saskia and their staff truly understand the concept of customer care and i couldn't recommend them highly enough.
Strongly advise you attend the thursday shop run if you can, we managed to meet several other cyclists who then joined us touring over the next few days as well as a good mix of 'celebrities',weight weanies and tarmac huggers!!...a great day!!