“My Favorite Tapas in Town”
Review of Zanpanzar

Zanpanzar
Ranked #43 of 521 Restaurants in Girona
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The pintxos here are nice, but I really love some of the special tapas dishes listed on the menu. My roommate loves the foie gras with mango and berry compote. My recent favorite is the goat cheese with roasted veggies. Sooooo good! The place is very casual, and the staff is very friendly. I love to take my guests (I've been at least four times in the last five months), and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a casual, budget place in Girona.

1  Thank RunsAmok
There are newer reviews for Zanpanzar

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were here twice in December. The tapas are fine but all are bread based and tend to use similar fillings. However the other menu options we tried were without exception excellent and reasonably priced. The place is simple and popular so if its fine dining you want look elsewhere but if you want excellent food at a fair price with good local atmosphere this is your place,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is more of a pub atmosphere. Don't look for fancy table settings or elegant service. But.....the tapas were terrific. Possibly the best food of our trip.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great atmosphere and good tapas. Been several times and it has always been very busy. A novel way to pay too by counting the number of coctail sticks on your plate

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I spent the a night in Girona last weekend, we found this bar by happy accident, slightly peckish but also knowing we had a meal at Massana to go to later on, we opted for tapas and beer at the bar, very nice, i believe it was 12 euros for 4 small beers and 4 pieces of tapas, the place was packed and a good atmosphere with seating outside for warmer days/nights. We went back today with our 3 children at lunch time today and had tapas from the menu, suffice to say we will be going back again, a massive menu with something for everyone, great sharing food. It helps with live just 50 minutes away across the border in France. Girona is a fantastic small city, beautiful architecture and wonderful restaurants and boutique shops.