“Great service and food but not very clean?”
Review of La Terra

La Terra
Ranked #78 of 608 Restaurants in Girona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed May 9, 2019

We went here for a coffee and cake one day on our weeks holiday and it was very good, so we returned for an early dinner another evening. I cannot fault the wine and the beer (my husband *loved* the local beer!) and the veal burger and chicken salad were tasty. The prices were very reasonable indeed and the waiter was very polite. It has character too.

So I would have really liked to give this 5 stars - but unfortunately on our second visit, I noticed that it really needs a very good clean and so that put me off it, somewhat. The main reason was that I visited the toilet facilities on the second occasion and there was a lot of ingrained dirt everywhere - I mean everywhere.... Maybe I am too fussy but for me this makes a real difference as it is where staff presumably go to wash their hands.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 25, 2019

Stumbled upon this restaurant on one of my walks. What a delightful place for a bite to eat. Nothing fancy about it. The window seats in the back overlook the river Onyar. They do try their best to understand English and I find my high school spanish does help...a little. Pointing to something that looks good always works. The first time I dropped in for lunch. I ordered a mixed plate of of hams, cheeses and bread with tomato. The platter could have fed 2-3 people as a starter. I enjoyed every bite !!! The Corona beer went well with this combo. I placed my order and was served my beer within minutes. As I waited the 10 minutes it took to prepare my "tapas" I looked around at the antique decor and beautiful tiles. It was then I realized why this place seemed so familiar. It was used in the Netflix series " Memories of the Alhambra" !!! I think my waiter was actually the owner...and what a handsome fellow he is !!! I came back for dinner one evening and sat by the back windows again. Night fell on Girona and the view of the river and twinkling lights provided a pleasant distraction. Next to me were British expats on holiday from their home in France. A glass of the house red and a warm chicken salad with home made gorgonzola dressing was delicious. The menu is a bit eclectic as well as the standard burgers and sandwiches. Get out of your comfort zone and try something different. That's what being a traveler is all about. Not once during my entire solo trip as a 60 yr old female did I feel alone, lost or self conscious about dining alone. The staff at La Terra treat a customer sitting alone as wonderfully as they did a group of students. I highly recommend this place just for the vibe alone !!! I must also mention the great food, service and crazy cheap prices. !!! I will be back !!! Thank you, La Terra !!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed October 29, 2018

We had just arrived in the city and needed a lunch. Found this place to be most welcoming and the burgers were tasty, especially the Roquefort one. Nice fresh juices and iced tea too. Prices very reasonable. The menu was all in Catalan, as I recall, which made it a bit harder for us to work out details, but there was an English one on a stand.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2018

went there for the quaint ambience and to enjoy their specialty ..carrot cake...
was good...fresh and quick service...busy little place...nice tile work in the restaurant to admire...on the river with a view of the colored homes...

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I don't understand why there are so many poor reviews for this place. We've found: excellent food (quiches, yummy jambon, chorizo, tasty local wine and wonderful dessert), very fast service in a nice atmosphere. This is a very relaxing place where you can have lunch, drink and have a wonderful view over the river.

I don't share the opinion of the reviews about the unkindness of the personnel. I have found the owner very kind and attentive. Thumbs up!

Date of visit: July 2018