“Nice Surprise ”
Review of Kaseus Gastrobar

Kaseus Gastrobar
Ranked #11 of 604 Restaurants in Girona
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Overall we really enjoyed our meal at Kaseus. We went for a last minute dinner with our kids and the waitress was very friendly. The chef came out at the end of the meal to ask what we thought- a nice touch.

One minor complaint would be that it smelt a bit like cigarette smoke when we came in.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Went to this place last minute (as we found out most places need a reservation on a weekend night). Food was very good! Not the cheapest, but good! I really enjoyed it.
Their patatas bravas are amazing.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019

Today we decided to go to the restaurant as it had so many good reviews and we were looking forward to it. We called at around 12:45 PM, early, to reserve at 1 PM but the person on the other side of the phone that picked up seemed a bit rude for some reason? Apparently I had made a mistake thinking the restaurant opened at 12:30 PM (as marked in tripadviser) but it actually opens at 1 PM, so I can only think maybe that was why? I didn't really mind it I guess and just replied politely.

When we got there at around 1 PM we didn't feel very welcome and there seemed to be a bad atmosphere going on between the waitress and the cook? It was a bit strange to us but we decided not to mind it and go on with our lunch. The beginning of the service started okay, we tried to be kind and polite to the staff but again the atmosphere was really not that welcoming... After a while waiting, they gave us the first plate: the 1 big canelone that was frankly DELICIOUS (the only reason why I hesitated in giving the review three stars or two).

But from then on, everything went pretty terribly for us... So, after we finished the starter... we started waiting...and waiting... and waiting.... and waiting... And as we waited we noticed other people getting served but not us...? People that had gotten there 30 minutes after us were getting served the main meal and we were there still waiting... They even finished their dessert before we received our main meal... ! Again, we didn't want to assume anything so we just waited patiently...

So finally, after 40 MINUTES of waiting... they served us the main dish... We had ordered 1 chicken and 2 beef dishes. All three of the main dishes were very oily and frankly not that good quality/price... I've been to 9 euro menu restaurants that served food 3 times as better as the main dishes we got served for this 17 euro menu... But that is my opinion! For me? 17 euros per person for the service and food we got honestly this was not worth it... We were frankly disappointed and I really wanted to like these dishes.. I guess it was a mix between the food being too oily and the scarcity of vegetables? It didn't pass through very well... Maybe the menu from different days is better? Maybe we got unlucky? I don't know. The chicken was tender and the potatoe fries were very well made though, so i have to give them that! Unfortunately there were maybe ..7..6 fries in total.. not that very many... Again, the food was average, so it was really not that bad, but not worth the price, by far, and the service and atmosphere really threw us off im sad to say...

So, finally, dessert time! Or not. We waited again..... 30 minutes went by.... 40 minutes went by.... until 50 minutes to give us the desert... We started to feel a bit uncomfortable at this point. The waitress apologized for the long wait, which was appreciated... But honestly with everything that happened we were quite disappointed... We were not sure why the service took so long... and we also started to notice at that point that other customers had been waiting for quite a while and complaining about it too.. I'm sure the people that run this are good people, maybe they were having a bad day and it had it's repercussions on the service..? I don't know... but I know that after the experience we had, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone... This is why I decided to give it 2/5 stars.

Again, we tried to be nice to them and polite but... the atmosphere was not very welcoming honestly. Except at the end of the service when we had to go pay, the person that attended us seemed friendlier and asked us how it went. I honestly didn't say anything to them as I didn't want to upset them, I was thinking about "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything".. we paid our 52 euros for three people and went on with our day...

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank kairaxx12
Reviewed January 7, 2019

The staff was very welcoming and helpful with ordering. Our party of four had 4 starters and 4 entrees and enjoyed all but one which was a total miss (beef dish). The owner was very personable and spent time with us. Don't know if that's typical because it was a quiet night. The price was fair for the quality of food and we would return.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner last night , great traditional food and mighty steaks . Yolanda was very professional running front of house . Reasonable bill .
Un saludo