“Very ordinary with rip off prices”
Review of El Choquito - CLOSED

El Choquito
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Description: If you fancy seafood and tapas, this is the right place for you. Choquito is a Mediterranean-style restaurant with a fantastic view of the famous Market la Boqueria. Aside from the fresh salads and meat, Choquito offers a huge variety of cold and hot tapas. The stone vaults decorated by the colored filigrees create a welcoming ambiance which combines wood with the wall colours.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We happen to visit this place during easter holidays with my family.
Ordered two paella (chicken and vegetarian), two soft drinks and chicken wings. The bill was just over 50 euros. I was bit shocked with the bill. The food quality was very ordinary. Had better paella at another place. Not again at this place. Avoid this place.
You may not find the drinks menu. It is a big mug which will cost you 5.50 euros. I think it is the norm on La Rambla. Be careful, And then there was a 10% tax. Didnt leave any tips !

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had Paella at two other restaurants in Barcelona. One was the highest rated restaurant according to Lonely Planet travel guide, on the waterfront and we needed reservations. But later we took a chance and ate at Choquito's because it was near our hotel. It was Excellent, the service was great and the interior of the restaurant was cozy and comfortable. The plate for two had twice the seafood as the other restaurant and was a better price. Nice location, great food, courteous wait staff. Please note, if you order a large beer at most restaurants you get a half liter at this one they bring a full liter in an Oktoberfest style Glass!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Pleasant restaurant, multilingual staff and professional, great selection of wines (a bit expensive).
Unfortunately the food is poor, if you are looking for authentic paella this place will disappoint you with his frozen rice ... although to be honest, mussels and clams were fresh!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I should have known better than to have dined on Las Ramblas but I was tired and hungry. I was looking at the promotion outside which advertised tapas and paella for 10.95. A man ushered me in and I followed. I ordered and had a pretty tasty mushroom tapas and chicken paella. Then the bill came. 16.95. I complained to the waiter and after about ten minutesof waiting they brought me a new bill which read 12.95. I was still over charged by two euros but did not want to argue any more. It's a shame they try to rip you off here because I found the food to be pretty good.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We expected to get very small portions Of tapas we ordered off the menu presented to us to get the deal featured. But we didn't. We got full sizes. We realized we wouldn't get the deal. But we went with it cause it was my birthday and the atmosphere was nice.
The bill for 4 tapas and 2 wines and one beer was 57 euros. Not the ~10 we were expecting based on the sign. We asked to speak to the manager about the obvious Bait tactic. We saw him 20 feet away but he refused to come to the table. The waiter just ignored our complaints and pointed to the menu prices we ordered from.

It's a scam. Make sure to verify that you only want the 2.95 deal if that's what you want to pay. You'll get a very small beverage and a very small toothpick tapas bite.
The one plus: The fish and shellfish were very nicely prepared.

2  Thank Sleeperpage