“A cheese lover's heaven”
Review of Formatgeria La Seu

Formatgeria La Seu
Ranked #2,180 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Arundel, United Kingdom
“A cheese lover's heaven”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I visited this wonderful cheese shop at the start of a tapas tour and we both had the 3 cheese and wine palette. Each cheese was simply delicious and I liked the fact that the cheeses were chosen for us as the owner Katherine is obviously an expert! We were made to feel very welcome and will definitely be heading back for more cheese next time we are in Barcelona. Excellent value. A word of warning - ask politely before taking photos ;-)

• Visited February 2014

Frankfurt, Germany
“Great mid-day snack”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for the 3 cheese and wine tasting; it was just 3 euros! The cheeses were great, as was the wine to accompany it. The only reason I don't give it a 5/5 is that you can't choose your cheeses, or describe what kind of cheese you like. But, that's pretty picky, really, as it's only 3 euros. I'd go back for a meal or larger tasting!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank mollyrae
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cheese Heaven”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Don't take photos without asking permission!!! I did, overexcited, and was told quite boldly to stop. Think of this store as someone's personal home because the owner will treat you as a welcome guest, making suggestions and selecting the perfect cheeses for your happiest of hours in Barcelona.

My girlfriends and I had a wonderful cheese plate in our apartment with an array from this shop and found the selection to be amazing. We couldn't believe our luck at the reasonable prices and only regret not having time to go back for a second cheeseboard.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Visit everyday if you can.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Some of the greatest cheese we have ever tried. This place is a little difficult to find but is well worth the search. We had a sample plate of cheese with a few ounces of wine for 8 Euro. A great place to have a snack.

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Little cheesey oasis”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Wow! If its good enough for Will Studd...and after a visit it definitely lived up to our expectations. Down a small alley, run by a lovely friendly scottish lassy, this tiny cheese store is great for a tasting pallette or two (€3) and the house vino tinto matched well too.